Black Gram Salad in another addition in our healthy salad recipes. Salads are fast taking an important place in India’s diet. People have become more fitness and nutrition conscious. For making this Black gram salad I had sprouted the whole black gram as sprouts are tremendous source of digestive enzymes and also rich in amino acids, vitamins, proteins, fibers etc. To energize or refresh your body you can have this salad in morning breakfast. Learn how to make black gram salad with this step by step recipe.
Black Gram Salad
Black gram salad in another addition in our healthy salad recipes. For making this Black gram salad I had sprouted the whole black gram as sprouts are tremendous source of digestive enzymes and also rich in amino acids, vitamins, proteins, fibers etc.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4 - 5
- 2 cup boiled black gram
- ½ cup fine chopped onion ( 1 large onion )
- 1 cup fine chopped tomatoes ( 2 med tomatoes )
- ¼ cup fine chopped capsicum ( 1 small capsicum )
- ¼ cup fine chopped coriander leaves
- Salt according to taste ( approx. ½ tsp )
- 1 tsp lemon juice or according to taste
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- Red chili powder according to taste
- Tomato wages for garnishing
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Fine chop onion, tomato, capsicum and coriander. Keep them aside.
- In a bowl add boiled black gram. Add all chopped veggies. Mix well.
- Add salt, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder . Mix well.
- Add lemon juice according to your taste. Mix well.
- Garnish the black gram salad with tomato wages and serve fresh.
Soak the black gram for overnight or at least 6 - 7 hours. Soak them in warm water. While boiling add salt. It will taste good.