Boondi Raita is one of the easiest and tastiest raita anyone can prepare in minutes and pair up with biryani, aloo paratha, and many other rice recipes for delicious dinner. Boondi Raita not only makes the food interesting, but is also good for digestion.
Boondi Raita is one of the easiest and tastiest raita anyone can prepare in minutes and pair up with biryani, aloo paratha, and many other rice recipes for delicious dinner.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 3 - 4
- 1 cup plain salted boondi
- 2 cup curd ( dahi / yogart )
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder ( bhuna jeera powder )
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp black salt or as required
- Pinch of Salt or as required
- 1 tbsp mint leaves ( fine chopped )
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves ( fine chopped )
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- First warm water in a pan on stove top or in the microwave.
- Add the boondi in the warm water and let them get soaked for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain water from boondi. Don't mash them up.
- Whisk the curd in a bowl.
- Add the boondi and mix.
- Add all the other left ingredients.
- Garnish boondi raita with mint leaves or coriander leaves.
- Serve cold boondi raita with biryaniorpulaoor any rice based dishes.