Barfi prepared with semolina (suji) coconut has very enticing taste. This coconut semolina barfi can be prepared for any occasion or anytime you feel like eating something sweet. Very easy and quick recipe of barfi !!
Coconut Semolina Barfi
Barfi prepared with semolina (suji) coconut has very enticing taste. This coconut semolina barfi dish can be prepared for any occasion or anytime you feel like eating something sweet.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup semolina ( suji / sooji )
- ¼ cup milk solid ( khoya )
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut ( sukha nariyel / kopra nu chin )
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- 1 tsp soaked saffron water
- Nuts for garnishing
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom non stick pan.
- Roast semolina on medium flame for 4-5 min or till get golden pink color.
- At the same time prepare sugar syrup of two-thread consistency.
- Turn off flame.
- Add khoya, desiccated coconut and nuts in roasted semolina.
- Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron water.
- Combine prepared sugar syrup and semolina mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pure coconut semolina barfi mixture into greased plate. Spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl ( katori ).
- Keep it aside for 5-7 min.
- Cut into desire shapes. Sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Garnish coconut semolina barfi with nuts before serving.
If coconut semolina barfi got hard , add 2 tbsp milk and cook till milk get remove.