Dabeli …! A famous street food of Gujarat, also known as Kutchi Dabeli. If you like chaat then Dabeli is no exception. It’s a Sweet and spicy potato mixture which is filled into a small burger bun and then topped with onion, pomegranate, peanuts and sev. It tastes double when toasted with butter.
- 20 round buns for dabeli
- Oil / Butter for cooking
- 1 kg potatoes / 4 cup potatoes ( boiled, peeled and mashed )
- 3 medium size onion / 1 cup onion (fine chopped )
- ¾ cup dabeli masala / 150 gm dabeli masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup roasted/ fried peanuts
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup / imli ki chutney ( Tamarind Chutney / mithi chutney)
- ½ cup coriander ( fine chopped )
- Peanuts, Pomegranate seeds, Sev and Coriander
- Heat oil in one deep pan.
- Add onion. Saute for a 1 min.
- Add dabeli masala. Saute for 2-3 min on slow flame.
- Add mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Cook it for 4-5 min.
- Turn off flame.
- Add peanuts, pomegranate seeds and coriander.
- Add ketchup or imli ki chutney.
- If require you can extra add salt and red chili powder according to add taste.
- Mix well.
- Divide stuffing in 20 equal portion.
- Fill stuffing in bun.
- Roast on griddle ( tawa ) with oil till get golden brown color.
- Garnish it with peanuts, pomegranate seeds, sev and coriander.
- Serve hot dabeli with tomato ketchup or imli ki chuney.