Bursting with the flavor of dry fruits, this dry fruit cake takes a bit of effort but each delicious bite makes it worth your while. Do make this egg-less dry fruit cake for your kids, especially during winters to give them loads of energy.
Dry Fruit Cake
This dry fruit cakes is heavy, dense cakes that have a relatively low flour content and contain lots of mixed dried fruit.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Cake
- 125 gm maida
- 30 gm powder sugar
- 40 gm butter
- 40 gm mix dry fruits ( roughly chopped ) ( almonds, ceashews, pistachio, golden raisins )
- 60 gm milk solids ( khoya / mawa )
- 50 gm milk powder
- 125 gm dates
- 60 ml water
- 100 ml milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp soaked saffron water
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cooking soda
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Chop the dates.
- Cook dates with 60 ml water for 2-3 min.
- Weigh all ingredients and keep it aside.
- Strain maida, baking powder and soda.
- Chop dry fruits.
- Coat dry fruits with pinch of flour.
- Grease 500 gm cake tin (15 cm diameter ).
- Pre-heat oven for 10 min.
- Combine sugar, butter and essence in one deep bowl.
- Beat well for 1 min or till get fluffy.
- Add khoya and milk powder. Mix well with spatula.
- Add chopped dry fruits, cooked dates, cardamom powder and saffron water.
- Mix well with spatula.
- Add maida mixture and milk turn by turn.
- Beat for a minute.
- Pour batter in a greased cake tin. Tap well to remove bubbles.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven till cake get done on mentioned temperature.