Garam masala is an aromatic mixture of ground spices used in Indian cookery, usually containing black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander and cumin seeds.
- 5 dry red chili ( sukhi lal mirch )
- 3 bay leaf ( tej patta )
- 4 cardimom ( Elaichi )
- 5 cloves ( laung / laving )
- 10 black pepper ( black mari )
- 5 cinnamon sticks ( 1 inch * 0.2 inch flake )
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- 1 tbsp cilantro / Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya / Dhana )
- Roast all ingredients in a pan on very slow flame for 4-5 min.
- Cool it and make a fine powder of it.
- It will make approx 2.5 to 3 tbsp masala.
- Always make fresh garam masala for recipes.