Garlic Naan is most familiar and very popular in the South Asian countries like India at in all restaurants and road side dhabas. Usually this soft tasty Indian bread is cooked in tandoor oven, a hot clay oven used to cook tandoori dishes. Often the temperature reaches to 500 degree in tandoor ovens making it difficult to adopt the naan recipe at home. Lot of people have asked how to make naan on tawa or gas stove. So here is complete recipe of garlic naan cooked on tawa instead of tandoor.
So here is complete recipe of garlic naan cooked on tawa instead of tandoor.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Naan
- 500 gm maida ( wheat flour )
- 6 tbsp curd
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp sooji
- ½ tsp soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp garlic ( paste )
- 1 cup water
- Fine chopped garlic
- Fine chopped coriander
- Onion seeds ( kalonji )
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Combine all the ingradiants in deep bowl and need a soft dough using water.
- Cover with a moist cloth and keep the dough to leave for 2 ½ to 3hours.
- In a plate or tray take the chopped garlic, coriander leaves and kalonji. Mix well.
- Divide a dough into 18-20 equal size balls.
- Take each ball, dust with dry flour and roll into a small disc of 2 inches.
- Place this on the garlic-coriander- kalonji seeds mixture.
- Remove and dust with dry flour.
- Roll into a round of about 5 to 6 inches diameter.
- Heat a tava or frying pan.
- Place the garlic and coriander side of the naan touching the hot tava.
- Cook this side till browned and done.
- Flip the garlic naan and cook the other side.
- Roast the garlic naan on fire same as fulka roti.
- Spread ghee/butter on garlic naan
- Cook all the garlic naans this way.
- Serve garlic naan hot or warm.