Bhakhri is a very healthy and easy to digest because it contains lots of fibers. But traditional bhakhri recipes contains lots of oil/ghee which make it least preferable for dinner. Here we are presenting Oil/Ghee/Fat free yet tasty Bhakhri recipe for you !!!
Servings – 4-5
No. of Bhakhri – 8-9
Preparation time : 25-30 min
Cooking time : 30-35 min
- 3 cup coarsely grinned whole wheat flour ( mota aata / Bhakhri no lot / Kakaro lot )
- 1 cup fresh curd
- ¼ cup water
- Salt according to taste ( approx 1 ¼ tsp salt )
- 1 tbsp oil ( optional )
- Mix all the ingredients and make a dough.
- Allow it to rest at least for 10 – 15 min.
- Divide dough into 8 – 9 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough in ( 5 cm ) diameter circle.
- Flip it and wrap it up from all sides as show in figure.
- Again make a ball and roll out dough in ( 10 cm ) diameter circle.
- Heat a clay tawa ( griddle / mati ni tavi ) and cook one side of bhakhri for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip it over to the other side and cook the other side for a little longer time than the first side and then transfer it to direct high flame with the first side down.
- The bhakhri will puff up like a balloon. Once it puffs, remove it from flame immediately using the tongs or else it will get burnt.
- After few seconds open first layer of bhakhri using knife as show into picture. Apply melted ghee on it then cover it. ( Optional )
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Serve hot with.
Tip : If you haven’t added oil into dough then you have to serve hot. If it will get cold, it takes some extra effort to chew it.
Note : Do not lose heart if your bhakhri do not puff up, they still taste great. Keep practicing and you will succeed.