Healthy Mug Cake | Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Mug Cake
The healthy Mug Cake recipe is just 2 minutes Eggless whole wheat jaggery cake recipe. You have a craving for a cake and are not able to bake one from scratch for yourself. At that time, try this whole wheat jaggery mug cake.
To prepare this supremely delicious and easy healthy mug cake, you need a mixing bowl, spatula, ingredients, and microwave-safe mugs. In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour / aata, powdered jaggery, salt, ghee, milk, and water. Make a thick batter. Add chocolate chips as per liking. Divide the batter into microwave-safe mugs and microwave it one by one. And the healthy mug cake is ready to dig in in less than 2 minutes.
Tips for Healthy Mug Cake Recipe :
- Use regular chapati atta for this cake.
- In place of jaggery, rock sugar/ misri goes well.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery as per liking – as sweetness varies for jaggery.
- If using melted butter, add 3 tbsp.
- The quantity of water depends on the wheat flour. So add 1 tbsp at a time and make a batter.
- You can add a pinch of cardamom powder with nuts.
- Divide the batter according to the size of your mugs. As there are chances of overflow, fill them up to 50%.
- If required, microwave it for less time and repeat it.
I never encourage this eggless mug cake over the traditionally baked cake. But there are days when we are not able to bake and still want a healthy homemade cake. Then this healthy mug cake recipe will save you. Even when you are running out of time and have to prepare a sweet dish/dessert, you can try this Wheat Jaggery Mug Cake recipe. Serve warm cake with a scoop of ice cream or drizzle some caramel or chocolate sauce over it.
How to serve whole wheat jaggery mug cake:
- Garnish the healthy mug cake with more chocolate chips or nuts.
- Serve warm cake with a scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.
- Top the cake with chopped fresh fruits or homemade fresh fruit compote.
Substitutes for the recipe ingredients:
- Jaggery – powdered rock sugar/ coconut sugar / palm jaggery
- Ghee – melted butter
- Chocolate chips – chopped almonds/walnuts or tutti frutti
p.s. – This mug cake is healthy in comparison to cheap commercial cakes.
Here is the video recipe of the Healthy Mug Cake Recipe :
You may like to try other cakes and cookies recipes :
- Eggless Whole Wheat Coconut Muffins
- Whole Wheat Nankhatai Recipe | Aata Nankhatai Recipe
- Eggless Rava Cake with Whole Wheat Flour | Eggless semolina cake
- For more recipes click here
You may also like to try traditional Indian Sweets :
- Kala Jamun | Kala Jam Recipe
- Kuler Ladoo | Instant Bajra Ladoo | Pearl millet no-cook Ladoo Recipe
- Ragi Sukhdi | Ragi Jaggery Bars
- For more recipes click here.
If you like this Eggless Healthy Mug Cake recipe, then rate the recipe card and share this Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Mug Cake recipe with your friends and family. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!! Happy Cooking!
Here is the complete recipe card of the Healthy Mug Cake Recipe :
- Whole wheat flour / Aata - ½ cup, spooned and leveled
- Powdered jaggery - ½ cup
- Baking soda - ¼ tsp or less
- Salt - a pinch
- Chocolate chips or nuts - 2-3 tsp, optional
- Ghee / melted butter - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Warm milk - ¼ cup
- Warm water - 2 - 3 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl,
- Add whole wheat flour, powdered jaggery, salt, and soda.
- Skip salt if using salted butter.
- Give a nice mix.
- Add ghee/ clarified butter or melted butter.
- Add warm milk.
- Whisk well.
- Gradually add water by 1 tbsp.
- Make a thick batter. Please refer to a video recipe.
- Add 2 tsp of chocolate chips or chopped nuts of your choice.
- Fold well.
- Pour the batter evenly into two 250 ml microwave-safe mugs.
- Fill the mug 50% only.
- Microwave it one by one for 1 minute and 20 seconds on high powder.
- Do not place them together.
- Once done, garnish with some more nuts or chocolate chips and serve warm !!