Jowar Thalipeeth Recipe | Healthy Sorghum Flatbread Recipe
Jowar Thalipeeth is a savory and healthy flatbread recipe. This Healthy Sorghum Flatbread with a tsp of ghee is a complete meal in itself along with a bowl of fresh curd, raita, chutney, or a pickle of your choice.
Thalipeeth is particularly popular in Maharashtra. Different types of Thalipeeth recipes are available based on the season and occasion like – Bajra Methi Thalipeeth, Rajgira Thalipeeth, Sabudana Thalipeeth, and many more. Traditionally thalipeeth is made using flour called Bhajani.
This Jowar Thalipeeth is a nutritious and tummy filler recipe. During this pandemic, you are concerned, and looking for healthy weight-loss recipes, you must include this Healthy Sorghum Flatbread into your diet. This recipe is a gluten-free flatbread recipe. To make Satvik Jowar Thalipeeth skip onion and garlic.
You require good quality jowar/sorghum flour, onion, coriander leaves if available, green chili, garlic, salt, and red chili powder. Make a soft dough out of it and prepare a flatbread. Cook on slow flame and add tsp of ghee and enjoy warm. Even you can pack these Healthy Sorghum FLatbreads for lunch boxes.
Jowar / Sorghum is an ancient grain of India and is also known as Brain Food. Due to its cooling nature mainly eaten during summers. How jowar helps in weight loss: Jowar is rich in fiber, iron, and vitamin B1, which helps in the fat-burning procedure. It improves your digestion and helps to reduce your weight.
So this summer, do not forget to add Jowar Thalipeeth to your meal menu. Apply tsp of homemade ghee and serve with raw mango chutney, tomato onion chutney, coconut chutney, raw mango salad, mango pickle, or a bowl of fresh homemade curd. Even you can make roti/bhakri/rotla using jowar flour and enjoy it with your favorite sabji.
Here is the video recipe of the Jowar Thalipeeth Recipe :
You may also like to try other healthy diet recipes :
- Paneer Bhurji Roll | Paneer Bhurji Wraps | Paneer Bhurji Kathi Rolls
- Chole Salad | Kabuli Chana Salad Recipe
- Sugar-free Muskmelon Banana Smoothie | Muskmelon Banana Lassi
- for more healthy diet recipes click here.
Do try this Jowar Thalipeeth recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this Healthy Sorghum Flatbread Recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the complete recipe card of the Jowar Thalipeeth Recipe :
- Jowar flour / Sorghum flour - 1 ½ cup
- Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - ½ cup or as per availability
- Garlic cloves - 5-6, minced
- Green chili - 2-3, finely chopped
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp, optional
- Salt - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Ghee/oil for cooking
- Ghee for serving
- Ziplock bag / plastic / Butter paper - 1
- In a mixing bowl, add jowar flour.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, onion, green chili.
- Due to this pandemic, if running out of greens, skip it.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt as per taste.
- Mix everything well.
- Gradually add water and make a very soft dough.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts.
- Preheat the iron tawa.
- To make thalipeeth, grease a ziplock bag or butter paper with oil.
- Grease your fingers if required.
- Place a portion of Jowar Thalipeeth dough in the center.
- Pat the dough using the fingers to an even circular disk.
- Make three-four small holes which help thalipeeth to cook evenly.
- The first time, grease iron tawa well.
- Carefully place the thalipeeth. Put ghee or oil into holes and around the sides.
- Let the Jowar Thalipeeth cook on the slow flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip over when cooked.
- Same way, cook the other side as well.
- If required, flip it again and cook until done.
- Take out on a plate.
- The same way prepares the rest of the Jowar Thalipeeth.
- Apply ghee and serve with chutney, salad, curd, or fresh homemade butter.