Have you ever tried lemon rice? Lemon rice is a great way to liven up plain rice, it’s south Indian style rice recipe that’s one of my favorites. Lemon rice is a great recipe for using left over rice.
Lemon rice is a great way to liven up plain rice, it's south Indian style rice recipe that’s one of my favorites.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 3 - 4
- 3 cup cooked rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp black gram split (urad dal )
- 1 tsp roasted green gram ( daria )
- 4-5 dry red chili
- 8-10 curry leaves
- ½ turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add urad dal and daria and sauté till it turns into pink color.
- Add dry red chili and curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add rice and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cook for a while.
- Turn off flame.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.