Makhana Bhel | Fox Nut Bhel | Healthy Fox Nut chaat Recipe
Makhana Bhel is one of the healthier ways to satisfy your craving for bhel puri and chaat. Yes, Bhel is popular Indian street food and loved by everyone. It is a delicious combination of sweet, spicy, and tangy tastes. So this Fox Nut Bhel is loaded with health benefits and tastes good too.
To prepare the Makhana Bhel, we will use dry roasted makhana. In a mixing bowl, add roasted and roughly crushed makhana, roasted peanuts, vegetables of your choice, black salt, jeera powder, and chaat masala as per taste. Lastly, add lemon juice. Give a nice toss. To give a nice crunch to Makhana Bhel, sprinkle some homemade sev or roasted cornflakes. Add a handful of pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves. Drizzle some homemade sweet chutney, green chutney, or fresh Dahi. Here, your Makhana Bhel is ready to enjoy !!
Makhana is a very healthy and versatile ingredient. We can enjoy makhana as a savory snack or make out different traditional Indian dishes. Below are some health benefits of makhana :
- Good source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants
- Helps in weight-loss
- Rich in nutrients like – calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, etc
- Helps to regulate blood sugar level and cholesterol levels
Try different ways of adding makhana into your diet. Dry roast them and store them in an airtight container. Add them into your trail mix, enjoy a handful of roasted makhana during your evening tea time, or make a delicious bhel out of it. Apart from this, you can try our traditional Indian makhana recipes too.
Here is the video recipe of the Makhana Bhel :
You may also like to try other healthy diet recipes :
- Paneer Bhurji Roll | Paneer Bhurji Wraps | Paneer Bhurji Kathi Rolls
- Mixed Dal Dosa Recipe | Healthy Protein-Rich Dosa
- Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe
- For more recipes click here
If you like to try traditional chaat recipes, check these recipes :
- Dahi Puri | Sev Potato Dahi Puri | SPDP Dahi Puri Recipe
- Moth Sprouts Chaat | Matki Bhel
- Pani Puri
- Sev Usal Recipe | Gujarati Street Food Sev Usal Recipe
If you like this Healthy Makhana Bhel recipe, then rate the recipe card and share this healthy fox nut chaat recipe with your friends and family. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the Makhana Bhel Recipe :
- Makhana / Fox Nuts - 3 cups
- Roasted peanuts - ¼ cup
- Onion - 1 chopped, optional
- Tomato - 1, chopped
- Boiled potato / sweet potato - 1, peeled and chopped
- Black salt - ½ tsp, as per taste
- Roasted cumin powder - ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Red chili powder - as per taste
- Lemon - 1
- Pomegranate seeds / raw mango / Grapes - ¼ - ½ cup, as per liking
- Meethi chutney / Green chutney / Homemade Dahi - for serving
- Homemade sev / Roasted corn flakes - for servings
- Coriander leaves - ¼ cup
- Dry roast the makhana until they are crunchy.
- Let them cool down.
- After that, fill them in a ziplock bag and roughly crush them using a rolling pin. This step is optional.
- In a mixing bowl, add crushed makhana.
- Add roasted peanuts, onion, tomato, and potato.
- Add seasonings as per liking.
- Squeeze a lemon.
- Mix well.
- Adjust the salt and lemon, if required.
- Transfer the makhana bhel into serving plates.
- Garnish with chutney/curd, pomegranate seeds, sev, and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.