Medu vada is a urad dal ( skinned black gram ) based crispy fried South Indian donuts. Medu vada is not just in everyday cuisine but is also an indispensable part of the menu on festivals and puja days.
Medu vada is not just in everyday cuisine but is also an indispensable part of the menu on festivals and puja days.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4 - 5
- 1 ½ cup urad dal /skinned black gram
- 3-4 green chilies ( medium spicy )
- 2 inch long ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 small onion
- 1 tbsp fine chopped coriander
- Salt according to taste
- Oil for frying.
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Soak dal for 6-7 hours.
- Drain and grind dal, green chili and ginger with help of 1 cup water to a smooth batter.
- Tip : Add 1-2 tbsp water at a time while grinding dal.
- Add fine chopped salt, onion and coriander to batter.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Soak all four fingers in water.
- Take one scoop of batter on fingers.
- Make one hole with the help of finger/thumb.
- Release it in frying pan.
- Same way make all vada.
- Server medu vada with hot sambhar and green chatney.
Leave A Comment