Paneer Chilla | Besan Paneer Chilla Recipe | Protein-Rich Chilla Recipe
Paneer Chilla Recipe, aka Besan Paneer Chilla recipe, is a protein-rich and healthy weight-loss meal recipe. When served with fresh homemade chutney, a bowl of raita or fresh curd makes it a complete meal.
Paneer Chilla Recipe is a quick and no-fuss chilla recipe. It requires minimal ingredients. In a mixing bowl, add besan, paneer, curd, onion, or any vegetable of your choice, chili, salt, curd, and make a thick batter. Soak it and prepare chillas. You can try my Lauki Besan Chilla recipe too.
This Chilla is low in GI and rich in protein which makes it a healthy weight-loss recipe. You can have them for breakfast or brunch. Whenever you are running out of time and looking for a quick and healthy meal option, try this protein chilla recipe. It is a healthy meal option for toddlers too. Whenever preparing for toddlers or kids, adjust the salt according to their age and skip green chilies. Below are some health benefits of Paneer Chilla :
- Rich in protein, soluble fiber, calcium, and Vit B
- Helps in weight-loss
- Good for heart
- Regulate diabetics
- Improves metabolism
Soaking besan with curd enhances the taste, makes digestion easy, and makes soft chilla. If you do not have curd, you can use buttermilk too. Onions in this recipe give a nice crunch. To make no onion, no garlic paneer chilla, replace the onion with grated carrot, cabbage, or beetroot. The addition of leafy vegetables makes more healthy and soft chilla. To make Gluten-free Protein-rich Chilla, skip Sooji.
You can serve this chilla with any of the below mentioned options :
- Mint Coconut Chutney
- Tomato Onion Chutney
- Coriander Chutney
- Coconut Chutney
- Raw Mango Chutney
- Red Garlic Chutney
- Cucumber Raita
- Pineapple Raita
- Fresh Curd
- Mango Pickle
Here is the Video Recipe of the Besan Paneer Chilla Recipe :
You can also try other Instant chilla or dosa recipes from my blog :
Click here for other Healthy-Diet Recipes.
Do try this Paneer Chilla Recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like the Protein-rich Chilla recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the Recipe Card of the Paneer Chilla Recipe :
- Homemade Paneer - ½ cup, grated
- Besan / Gram flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour / Sooji - ¼ cup, optional
- Onion - 1, chopped, optional
- Coriander leaves or any greens - ¼ - ½ cup, chopped
- Green chili - 2, as per taste, chopped
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Water / Paneer whey - 1 cup + 2-3 tbsp, as per need
- Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- Carom seeds - ¼ tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Oil / Ghee for cooking
- Chutney for serving
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves, paste
- Carrot/ Beetroot/ Cabbage - ¼ cup grated
- Methi leaves/ Palak - ¼ - ½ cup, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, grated paneer, onion, green chili, coriander leaves, salt, sesame seeds, and carom seeds,
- Add curd and water / Paneer whey / Buttermilk.
- Mix well and make a thick batter.
- Cover it and keep it aside for 30 min.
- After 30 min, whisk it well.
- Adjust the salt if required.
- To make medium consistency dropping batter, add more 3 - 4 tbsp water if required.
- Heat dosa tawa.
- Grease tawa with oil and wipe the excess using a kitchen towel.
- Pour one ladder of batter, spread gently in a circular motion.
- Make a medium size chilla.
- Drizzle ½ tsp of oil.
- Let it cook on a slow flame.
- Once cooked, flip and cook the other side.
- Once cooked, take out on a plate.
- The Same way prepares all Paneer Chilla.
- Serve warm with chutney of your choice, raita, pickle, or bowl of fresh curd.