Paneer Corn Salad | Healthy Corn Cottage Cheese Salad | Easy Paneer Corn Salad
Paneer Corn Salad or Healthy Corn Cottage Cheese Salad is a spicy, tangy, crunchy, and flavourful paneer salad. It is loaded with all the goodness of paneer, seasonal corn, fresh vegetables, and lots of spices. The rainy days call for the chatpata and lip-smacking paneer corn salad.
Rain almost started, and the market is booming with fresh corn. We all grew up eating roadside roasted Indian corn. Seasoning of lemon, black salt, and red chili powder was the showstopper of those corn days. Remembering those street corns, I have recreated the corn paneer salad recipe. I have prepared the fresh seasoning mix to make this salad more flavorful.
To prepare this easy paneer salad, in a bowl, add the boiled corn kernels, roasted or grilled paneer, chopped vegetables like onion, tomato, capsicum, etc. Quickly prepare the seasoning mix by combining red chili powder, black salt, roasted cumin powder, carom seeds, black powder, garlic powder, oregano, and chili flakes. Add this seasoning mix to the salad as per taste. Add lemon juice as per taste and mix it nicely. Let it rest until it releases all the flavors. Finish the salad with a tbsp of salad oil and a lot of coriander leaves. Serve this salad fresh, and enjoy!
If you are searching for some easy and tasty yet healthy paneer salad recipes to add to your menu, you must try this colorful corn paneer salad recipe. Here, I have added roasted homemade paneer in place of raw paneer. When you roast / grill the paneer, it will turn soft, and it will melt in your mouth. So, where the vegetables are crunchy, roasted paneer will add a different texture to your bite. For the seasoning mix, I took inspiration from the Mexican seasoning mix. For No onion, No garlic Paneer Corn Salad, skip onion and garlic powder.
If you love to try different types of salad, then must try my kiwi paneer salad recipe.
To prepare a paneer at home, check out this homemade paneer recipe. Paneer is a good source of protein, calcium, vitamins, and minerals. Below are the health benefits of Homemade Paneer :
- Rich in Protein
- Boost up the immune system
- Helps in weight-loss
- Good for Heart
- Strengthen the bones
- Good source of calcium and Vit B.
- One of the best food for babies
Tips for Paneer Corn Salad :
- Use homemade paneer for your recipes as it is fresh and chemical-free.
- You can add raw paneer cubes if running out of time or roast them in advance.
- To remove the corn kernels from the cob, I have shown the easy technique in the video recipe. Please refer to it.
- You can add more fresh vegetables as per season and availability.
- In a seasoning mix, increase or decrease the quantity of salt and spices as per choice.
- For kids, you can reduce the chili powder and chili flakes or skip them.
- Lemon juice, black pepper powder, and carom seeds will make digestion easy.
- For salad oil, you can use any cold-pressed oil or use olive oil.
Here is the video recipe of the Paneer Corn Salad Recipe :
You may also like to try other protein-rich salads :
- Peanut Salad Recipe | Healthy Weight-loss Peanut Salad
- Chole Salad | Kabuli Chana Salad Recipe
- Rajma Salad | Kidney Bean Salad
- for other healthy diet recipes click here
If you are looking for more corn recipes then try :
If you like this Healthy Paneer Corn Salad recipe, then rate the recipe card and share this paneer and corn salad recipe with your friends and family. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the Recipe Card of the Paneer Corn Salad Recipe :
- Fresh corn - 1, boiled or boiled corn kernels - 1 ½ - 2 cups
- Paneer - 200 gms or made from 1-liter milk
- Onion - 1, chopped, optional
- Tomato - 1, chopped
- Capsicum - 1, chopped
- Coriander leaves - ¼ cup, chopped
- Oil - 1 tsp for roasting paneer
- Salad oil - 1 tbsp
- Seasoning mix - 2 tsp or more
- Lemon juice - 1 big lemon or more as per taste
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - ¼ tsp, optional
- Roasted cumin powder - jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Carom seeds / Ajwain - ¼ tsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Chili flakes - ¼ tsp
- Black Salt / Sendha Salt - ½ tsp or more as per taste
- Make paneer from 1-liter full cream milk one day before and refrigerate it.
- Boil the corn cob until cooked.
- Let it cool down. Remove the corn kernels as shown in the video recipe.
- Take a paneer log and cut it into bite-size cubes.
- Add tsp of oil and paneer cubes in a mixing bowl.
- Toss them well.
- Heat the skillet or grill pan and grease it.
- Roast the paneer from 2 sides until nicely golden brown.
- Remove it into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a small jar or container, add the spices and salt as per the given measurement.
- Close the lid and give a nice mix. Keep it aside.
- Either grind them for 1 minute into a mixer grinder. Store in an airtight container for further use.
- In a mixing bowl, add boiled sweet corn kernels, paneer, chopped vegetables.
- Mix them well.
- Add 2 tsp of seasoning and lemon juice as per taste.
- Lastly, add a tbsp of salad oil and give a nice mix
- Let it rest for 10 min.
- Garnish the salad with a lot of coriander leaves and serve fresh.