The cold months are the best time to indulge in a warm pasta’s that not only tickles your taste buds but is also healthier. In honor of our 1st anniversary, I present to my readers a best-loved pasta recipe.
Pasta ( Red Sauce )
The cold months are the best time to indulge in a warm pasta’s that not only tickles your taste buds but is also healthier.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 4 - 5
For Red Sauce :
- 1 kg tomatoes ( blanched, de skinned and crushed )
- 125 gm onion ( 1 ½ medium-large onion )
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder ( socked in ½ cup of water )
- 1 tbsp extra virgin cooking olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp pasta seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper powder ( freshly crushed peppercorns )
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt according to taste
For Boiling :
- 125 gm pasta ( penne pasta )
- ½ tsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
For Pasta :
- ½ cup zucchini ( sliced / diced )
- ½ yellow bell pepper ( diced )
- ½ red bell pepper ( diced )
- ½ green bell pepper ( diced )
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup baby corns ( sliced )
- 125 gm white onion ( sliced )
- 2 tbsp olive ( rings )
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Boil pasta and once cooked drained.
- Wash them with chilled water and keep them aside.
- Heat olive oil in one deep nonstick pan.
- Add onion. Sauté till onion get transparent.
- Add garlic. Sauté for a while.
- Add tomato puree.
- Add Kashmir red chili powder.
- Add all seasonings.
- Cook till water get burn.
- Add tomato ketchup and sugar.
- Add all vegetables.
- Add salt according to vegetables except white onion.
- Cook till vegetables gets half cooked.
- Add pasta. Cook for few minutes.
- Mix well.
- Turn off flame.
- Add olives and white onion. Mix well.
- Add some extra pasta seasoning and oregano while serving.
- Garnish pasta with broccoli and serve hot with garlic bread, bruschetta or any kind of Italian bread.