Rajma Salad | Kidney Bean Salad | Easy Rajma Salad
Rajma Salad or Kidney Bean Salad is another protein-rich salad recipe for a healthy and weight-loss diet. Rajma Salad is easy to prepare and a tummy-filler salad. You can also try other protein-rich salads – peanut salad and chole salad.
Simplicity is the beauty of this kidney bean salad recipe. Prepare the easy salad dressing with oil and fresh lemon juice. Slow-cooked rajma gives a soft and creamy bite to salad, whereas vegetables give crunch. Roasted peanuts, mint leaves, and coriander leaves add taste and more health benefits. Season this rajma salad with some salt, pepper, and red chili powder as per your taste. For No Onion No Garlic Rajma Salad recipe, skip onion.
Variations and tips :
- In this salad, add seasonal vegetables as per your liking and availability – raw mango, pomegranate seeds, winter carrots, spring onion, radish, beetroot, avocado, broccoli, lettuce, zucchini, bell peppers, olives, microgreens, leafy vegetables, mushrooms
- To make it more protein-rich, add crumbled paneer, tofu, feta cheese, etc
- Can garnish rajma salad with a choice of seeds and nuts like- sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- You can add minced garlic into salad dressing too.
- Roasted carom seeds powder and cumin powder go well with this salad.
- Serve this salad with healthy baked nacho chips during get-togethers or parties.
- You can fill this salad in your chapati, top it with some homemade hung curd dip, sliced onion, lettuce, and serve as a rajma roll.
Different varieties of rajma are available in the market. Choose the rajma as per your liking and availability. Soak it and pressure cook it on a slow flame for around 10 min. Soaking and slow cooking of rajma enrich the health benefits and make it easy to digest.
Rajma is a good source of fat, fiber, and minerals. Below are some health benefits of Rajma :
- Rajma is rich in protein.
- Low in GI and helps to regulate blood sugar.
- High fiber helps in weight management.
- Good source of folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, and Vit K1.
Do you prefer to add oil to your salad? Which one is your favorite salad – oil? No doubt, cold-pressed oils are a good source of fat. It has other health benefits too. Below are some health benefits of adding oil into your salad :
- Cold-pressed oil is a good source of healthy fats.
- A spoon of oil in salad lubricates it and gives a mouthfeel.
- It helps to absorb all the nutrients of the salad.
- A tbsp of quality oil is good for hair, skin
- It boosts energy levels.
Here is the video recipe of the Rajma Salad :
You may also like to try other healthy salad recipes :
- Kiwi and Paneer Salad | Kiwi and Indian Cottage Cheese Salad
- Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad | Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad Recipe
- Roasted Beetroot Salad | Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
- For more salad recipes click here.
Here are some healthy diet recipes :
- Paneer Chilla Recipe | Besan Paneer Chilla Recipe
- Dalia Khichdi | Dalia Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe
- Jowar Thalipeeth | Healthy Sorghum Flatbread
- For more healthy diet recipes, click here
Do try this Healthy Rajma Salad recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this Healthy Kidneybean Salad Recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the Rajma Salad Recipe :
- Rajma / Kidney Beans - 1 cup boiled / ½ cup raw
- Onion - 1 small, chopped, optional
- Tomato - 1 small, chopped
- Capsicum - ½, chopped
- Cucumber - ¼, chopped
- Sweet Corn - ¼ cup, boiled
- Roasted Peanuts - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Mint leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Cold-pressed sesame oil/olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Lemon - 1
- Black salt - ½ tsp, as per taste
- Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Red chili powder - ¼ tsp or more, as per taste
- Any seasonal vegetable of your choice
- Crumbled paneer/tofu/feta cheese
- tsp of seeds of your choice
- Choose rajma of your choice.
- Wash the rajma and soak overnight or 6-8 hrs.
- Once soaked, discard the water. Add rajma into a pressure cooker, add the required water and salt.
- Pressure cook until cooked.
- I cooked on slow flame for 8-10 min.
- Make sure rajma holds the shape. Do not overcook, and it should not remain hard.
- Once pressure is released, drain the rajma and keep it aside.
- Add oil, lemon juice, black salt, pepper powder, and red chili powder into the mixing bowl.
- Give a nice mix.
- Add boiled rajma, all chopped vegetables, and roasted peanuts.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Give a nice mix and let it rest for 10 min.
- Serve fresh Rajma salad!