Sitafal Basundi is a special Gujarati dessert made with seasonal fresh custard apple. Sitafal basundi is simple to make and is in high demand at the time of festivals and other such occasions.
Sitafal Basundi is a special Gujarati dessert made with seasonal fresh custard apple.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 5 - 6
- 1 ½ liter full fat milk
- 1 ½ kg custard apple ( sitafal )
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp soaked saffron water
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachio for garnishing
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Prepare a pulp of custard apple and keep in refrigerator.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a broad bottomed non-stick pan.
- Reduce the flame and cook on a slow flame till milk get thick, for approximately 15-20 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and cook on a slow flame for approximately 5-10 minutes stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Turn of flame.
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron water.
- Cool it completely.
- Add prepared pulp. Mix well.
- Refrigerate it for 3-4 hours.
- Serve chilled, garnished with pistachio.