Soup can be a comfort food as it is delicious. It is easy to make. With only a few ingredients, one can make a bowl of hearty soup for a cold evening. This rich and creamy Sweet Corn Spring Onion Soup is low in calories and full of carbohydrates. This soup is made with a combination of spring onions and sweet corn puree enhanced by a touch of garlic and pepper. This soup is especially good in the winter when spring onion is easily available. This sweet corn spring onion soup fills you up because it stretches the stomach. You easily feel full so it’s ideal to eat soup at the beginning of your meal.
Sweet Corn Spring Onion Soup
A rich and creamy Sweet Corn Spring Onion Soup is low in calories and full of carbohydrates.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 5 - 6
- 1 ½ cup sweet corn (makai ke dane)
- 1 ½ cup spring onions white ( fine chopped )
- 1 cup spring onions greens ( fine chopped )
- 6-7 cloves of garlic ( fine chopped )
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt ( 2 tsp ) according to taste
- 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 3 ½ cup water
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Combine the sweet corn with ½ cup of water and blend into a purée.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the puréed corn, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes till the corn purée is cooked.
- Add 3 cups of water ( according to your taste ) and bring to a boil.
- Add the spring onion greens and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish sweet corn spring onion soup with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Leave A Comment