This Tangy Creamy Vegetable Pasta is a delicious one-dish meal that you can have as an evening snack or even substitute it for any meal. The pasta includes cauliflower florets along with chopped carrot, capsicum, zucchini and popped with freshly crushed black pepper corn. The tangy touch of capsicum with tomato puree with fresh cream and grated cheese makes tangy creamy vegetable pasta. Enjoy pasta..!
Tangy Creamy Vegetable Pasta
This Tangy Creamy Vegetable Pasta is a delicious one-dish meal that you can have as an evening snack or even substitute it for any meal.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 clove garlic
- 1 onion ( fine chopped )
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup carrot ( chopped in cubes )
- ½ cup capsicum ( chopped in small dice )
- ¼ cup zucchini ( thinly slices )
- ¼ cup peas / beans
- 3-4 tbsp olives
- Tomato puree ( 2 - 3 tomatoes )
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp salt ( according to taste ) ( approx. 2 tsp )
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper corn ( freshly crushed )
For Boiling Pasta
- 2 cup whole wheat pasta or any other pasta
- 8 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
For Creamy White Sauce
- ½ cup fresh cream
- ½ cup cheese ( grated / cheese paste )
- ½ cup milk
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Boil 8 cup water with salt, sugar and oil.
- Add 2 cup pasta to boiling water.
- Boil for 12-15 min till pasta get cooked. Turn off flame.
- Drain water. Gently rinse through cold water. Sprinkle 1 tsp olive oil / oil and keep pasta aside.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom non stick pan.
- Saute onion for 1-2 min. Add garlic . Saute for 30 second.
- Add all chopped vegetables and salt.
- Cook them for 4-5 min or till vegetables get soft. Do not overcook them.
- Add tomato puree, tomato ketchup, sugar and freshly crushed pepper corns.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Add pasta and olives. Mix well. Cook for 2 min. Keep aside.
- At serving time add cream, milk and grated cheese. Cook about 2 mins.
- Make sure sauce get thick and all pasta get covered.
- Serve hot with garlic bread or brochettes.
Leave A Comment