Tej Laung Pulao is quick and simple pulao with tempting fragrance of laung. In this tej laung pulao I have added the cloves tempered in ghee, this gives amazing fragrance and flavor to the rice. I have first tasted this tej laung pulao during my stay in a resort at Goa which gave me inspiration to add this recipe in my list. If you need variation in steamed rice and you like the light flavour of laung then must try this tej laung pulao recipe.
Tej Laung Pulao
Tej Laung Pulao is quick and simple pulao with tempting fragrance of laung. A must try recipe.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 - 5
- 1 ¼ cup basmati rice / pulao rice
- 3 cup water or according to need
- Salt according to taste ( approx. 2 tsp )
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 – 3 tsp cloves / Laung / laving or according to taste
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Wash the rice and soak for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Drain the rice and keep it aside.
- In a pan or pot add rice, water, salt and 1 tsp ghee.
- Cover the pan and cook till rice get cook by 80%. Do not overcook it.
- When rice get cook, turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- In a small pan heat 2 tbsp ghee.
- Add cloves according to you taste.
- Fry till cloves release the fragrance.
- Turn off the flame and immediately pour it into cooked rice.
- Gently mix the rice and your tej laung pulao is ready.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. ( optional )
- Garnish the tej laung pulao with coriander and cloves.
- Serve hot tej laung pulao with chana dal, dal fry or any variety of dal.