Aam Panna made from raw mangoes is a tangy summer cooler and cool to beat the summer heat. Green mango panna or aam panna is a great remedy for heatstroke and dehydration. It is packed with vitamins too.
In India to beat the heat, all mothers are used to prepare this tangy drink on a daily basis. If you want to store this for longer use – prepare thick sugar syrup and add mango pulp and spices. Refrigerate it and whenever you want to enjoy this delicious drink take out some pulp, pour some chilled water, and enjoy.
You can try our other refreshing recipes in this summer :
Let’s learn how to make this refreshing drink with the help of this recipe :
- 500 gm raw mango ( kaccha aam / kachi Keri )
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ - ¾ cup sugar / jaggery / misri
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp rock salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt according to taste ( approx ¼ tsp )
- 3 cup Chilled water or plain soda for serving
- Crushed ice cubes ( optional )
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Peel the mangoes. steam them for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely. Remove pulp.
- In a blender - add mango pulp, mint leaves, and 1 cup water. Blend till smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- add 2 more cups chilled water.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours.
- Pour on ice and garnish with mint leaves. Serve Chilled