Aate ka halwa or sheera is probably one of the easiest desserts you can prepare with minimum ingredients. Yes, it only requires wheat flour, sugar and ghee and a spoon full of nuts. That is all you need to present a wholesome and nutritious sweet, loved by people of all age groups.
Aate ka sheera is cooked for lots of religious occasions, especially Navratri. It is also known as kada prashad, mainly served in all Gurudwaras.
Don’t calculate calories while having this delicious traditional Indian sweet because homemade food is always healthier than outside food.
Enjoy this delicious delicacy whenever you crave any sweets or desserts.
You can also try our other Indian Sweets or Desserts :
- Ghee – ⅓ cup
- Whole wheat flour ( aata ) – ½ cup
- Nuts and raisins – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup ( or milk 1 ½ cup or milk ¾ cup + water ¾ cup )
- Sugar – ½ cup or less according to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add atta. Stir continuously it on slow to medium flame.
- Meanwhile, boil milk or milk + water and sugar in another pan. ( If pan having handle then it will be helpful for you )
- After 7-8 min of roasting atta will turn into a light golden, gets a glossy look and do not stick together much.
- At this stage, it will start to release the aroma.
- Add sugar solution slowly and continuously stir it.
- Add nuts.
- Cook on slow flame till the liquid is absorbed.
- Almost after 3 – 4 min, it does not stick to the pan. Add cardamom powder.
- Cook for few more minutes until ghee separates.
- Turn off the flame.
- Garnish the prepared Aate ka halwa with chopped nuts and serve warm.