I must say that there is no doubt in saying that Indian Street Food is not only tasty and delicious but healthy too. One such street food is Black Chana Chaat or Black Chickpeas Chaat. This chat is very easy to make using very basic ingredients that you always have at home. Crunchy onions, tangy tomatoes, lip smacking spices and chutneys makes it irresistible to eat.
Black Chana is an Indian Black Chickpea also known as Bengal gram are smaller in size and dark brown/black in color. It is a power-packed with nutrients. Presence of proteins, vitamins, fibers, and low glycemic index in it makes them to reserve its important part in Indian Cuisine.
This mouthwatering yummy healthy snack can be enjoyed as morning breakfast, afternoon snack and also find place in kids tiffin box. It is Vegan and Gluten Free recipe. It is great for those who are on diet as it is low in carb.
You can also try out other recipes :
Lets Learn how to make this chana chat easily :
- Black Chana – 2 cup Boiled
- Onion – 1 fine chopped
- Tomato – 1 fine chopped
- Carrot – 1 fine chopped
- Cucumber – 1 fine chopped
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup fine chopped
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp ( optional )
- Rock salt – ¼ tsp
- Chat masala – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Dates tomato and tamarind chutney – ¼ cup
- Corn flakes and puffed rice – ½ cup ( optional )
- In a deep bowl put all ingredients together.
- Mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Above is my version of healthy chaat. Change ingredients according to yours and enjoy healthy tasty chaat.