Chana Chaat | Kala Chana Chaat | Indian Black Chickpeas Chaat Recipe
I must say that there is no doubt in saying that Indian Street Food is not only tasty and delicious but healthy too. One such savory street snack is Black Chana Chaat or Indian Black Chickpeas Chaat.
Chaat is a traditional Indian savory snack with a combination of Spicy, Sweet, and Tangy Flavors. It is sold/served by street and beach vendors all over India. It can be made at home too.
This chana chaat recipe is easy and quick to make using simple ingredients that you always have at home. Its steps include gathering ingredients, assembling them, and serving immediately. Here is the video recipe.
Crunchy onions, tangy tomatoes, lip-smacking spices, and chutneys make it irresistible to eat.
About Black Chana:
Black Chana is an Indian Black Chickpea also known as Bengal gram are smaller in size and dark brown/black in color. It is power-packed with nutrients. The presence of proteins, vitamins, fibers, and low glycemic index in it makes them reserve its important part in Indian Cuisine.
This black chana chaat recipe is:
- Low in carb
How I like to make this kala chana chaat recipe:
I always make sure that I boil some extra chana and save them whenever I make Black chana curry, as it helps me to make this flavourful snack for the next day within a few minutes.
Here is the Video recipe of Chana Chaat Recipe :
- If you don’t like Black chana- replace them with Black beans, Green Chickpea, or White Chickpea which are also known as Garbanzo Beans.
- If you are preparing this recipe for kids, then make sure you adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
- You can add veggies and seasonal fruits like avocado, boiled potatoes, chopped raw mango, beetroot, pomegranate, etc.
- It is also served as a salad/starter at Indian Wedding buffet.
- This mouthwatering yummy healthy snack can be enjoyed as morning breakfast, afternoon snack and also find a place in the kids’ tiffin box.
- You can take it in your office lunchbox too.
- I like to pack it in my snack box while traveling and during picnics.
You can also try some other healthy diet recipes :
Do try this lip-smacking Indian Black Chana Chaat recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, rate the recipe card and share it with your friends and family. Make sure you follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
- Black Chana – 2 cup Boiled
- Onion – 1 fine chopped
- Tomato – 1 fine chopped
- Carrot – 1 fine chopped
- Cucumber – 1 fine chopped
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup fine chopped
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp ( optional )
- Rock salt – ¼ tsp
- Chat masala – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Dates tomato and tamarind chutney – ¼ cup
- Corn flakes and puffed rice – ½ cup ( optional )
- In a deep bowl put all ingredients together.
- Mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Above is my version of healthy chaat. Change ingredients according to yours and enjoy healthy tasty chaat.