Chole Salad | White Chickpea Salad | Kabuli Chana Salad Recipe
Hey Folks…, Today, I am sharing with you a healthy Chole Salad recipe, which is an easy and healthy weight loss salad recipe.
In this recipe, the Kabuli Chana or White Chickpeas are soaked(overnight or 6-7 hrs) and pressure cooked till soft. It is tossed with chopped onions, cucumbers, tomato, and capsicum. Then it is flavored with a dressing of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper powder, salt, coriander leaves, and mint leaves. I added a freshly homemade crumbled paneer to give an extra energy boost. Replace paneer with tofu for a vegan recipe.
Chickpeas Salad is very nutritious, refreshing, tasty, and stomach filling. It is high in protein and full of fiber. This Chana Salad is colorful and full of flavors.
This recipe is
- Vegan ( Use tofu in place of paneer )
This recipe is best for people who want to lose weight. It is helpful for people with diabetes, hypo-thyroid, PCOS, or hormonal issues. If you are looking for sustainable diet advice, consult Dietician Priyanka Bhawlakar.
- You can make it quick if you have leftover boiled chana or canned chickpeas.
- You can add boiled potatoes to add carb content in this salad.
- In this salad, feel free to play around as per your taste like:
- Add Feta Cheese.
- Veggies like-carrot, beetroot, radish.
- Fruits like pomegranate, mango, avocado, pineapple.
- Dry fruits like raisins, cranberry, dates.
- Nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts.
- You can serve Chana Salad chilled or at room temperature.
- It is a great party starter or appetizer for any meal.
- You can make this Chana salad for your Breakfast, light Lunch/Dinner, Brunch, Snack, Office/school tiffin box, Picnics/Small get together party.
Here is the video recipe of Chole Salad Recipe :
You may also like some other healthy diet recipes :
- Roasted Beetroot Salad | Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
- Sweet Corn Salad
- Vegetable Dalia
- Chana Chaat | Indian Black Chickpeas Chaat Recipe
- For more diet-related recipes click here.
I hope you all will try my healthy weight loss Chana Salad recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the chole salad recipe :
- Chole / Chana / Chickpea - 1 cup, boiled
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Tomato - 1 small, chopped
- Cucumber - ½, chopped
- Capsicum - ½, chopped
- Carrot - ½, chopped
- Olives - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Olive oil - 1- 2 tbsp or more
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp or more
- Crumbled paneer - ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Mint leaves - 1 tbsp, chopped
- Wash chole and soak in enough water for 7 - 8 hours.
- Discard the water.
- Add soaked chole in the pressure cooker, fill with water, add salt, and pressure cook until cooked.
- Once cool down, discard the water and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chole and all chopped vegetables of your choice.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- In the salad bowl, add prepared salad dressing and crumbled paneer.
- Give a nice mix.
- Serve fresh or refrigerate it until further use.