Cornflakes Chivda | Makka Poha Chivda | Fried Makka Poha Mixture
Today I am going to share one of my most favorite snack recipes since my childhood – Cornflakes Chivda or Makka Poha Chivda. Minimal ingredients and simplicity are the winners of this recipe. This recipe is straight from my Mom’s Kitchen. Deep fry the raw Makka poha and peanuts. Season them with black salt & chili powder, and one of the best dry snacks for all age family members is ready!
Cornflakes Chivda is a crunchy and crispy lip-smacking fried mixture. This chivda is very addictive in taste. I always refill my bowl 2-3 times more because it is so addictive and irresistible to eat.
I have used the dried yellow color cornflakes variety. It is also known as Makai/Maize Poha or Corn Poha, which are readily available it any grocery shop. These cornflakes are raw and different from Corn Flakes coming in cereal boxes, which we eat with milk during breakfast.
Variations for this Cornflakes Chivda Recipe:
- You can do N number of variations like can add roasted or fried – dry almonds and cashews. Add chili, sev, curry leaves, fried Daliya Dal, chaat masala, fried coconut flakes, boondi, etc.
- If you do not prefer to fried chivda, then you can use the cereal cornflakes, roast them with little oil and season with the same ingredients, and enjoy your healthier version of Cornflakes chivda Guilt-free. I’ll try to post its video recipe soon.
- You can increase or decrease the spice level according to your preference and taste.
- Try making a bhel/chaat by adding chopped tomato, onion, lemon juice, coriander leaves, and Indian chaat seasonings. It tastes yummy!!
Cornflakes Chivda can be served just plain for munching or as an evening snack with Indian Chai/Tea or Coffee. It is a good substitute for your regular chivda mixture. You can serve this chivda to your guests as everyone from kids to adults likes it.
I always prepare this in a large batch and store it in an airtight container in my pantry because it vanishes within a few days! But it stays fresh up to 2 weeks. It is a great option to give in your office snack box or kids tiffin box.
Here is the video recipe of the Cornflakes Chivda :
You may also like some dry snacks recipes from my kitchen :
Do try this Cornflakes Chivda recipe in the upcoming festive season and impress the folks around you and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then do share it with your friends and family. Make sure you follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
Here is the recipe card of the Makka Poha Chivda :
- Makka Poha - 250 gms
- Peanuts - ½ cup
- Black salt - 1 ½ tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- In a small bowl, mix black salt and chili powder according to taste.
- To check if the oil is ready for frying, then drop one piece of poha in oil. If it puffs up immediately, then the oil is hot enough to fry.
- Start deep-frying the Makka poha until it turns crisp.
- Take them out in a bowl, at the same time sprinkle prepared seasoning.
- Toss them well. Be generous while adding seasoning.
- Similarly, in batches, fry poha and season them.
- Deep fry the peanuts until done.
- Add them into fried poha.
- Sprinkle seasoning and toss well.
- Mix everything together. The world's easy and best chivda is ready.
- Enjoy them in your evening time !!