Dudhi – methi thepla is healthy Gujarati snacks. It is famous Gujarati flat bread similar to Methi thepla however dudhi gives extra softness to thepla. Dudhi – methi thepla is healthy, quick and easy to made recipe. Like Methi Thepla and Dhebra, dudhi – methi thepla is also famous Gujarati travelling recipes.
- 4 cup whole wheat floor
- 2 cup fenugreek leaves ( chopped and tightly packed )
- 1 cup ground bottle ( peeled and grated )
- 2 tbsp green chili paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste / 3 tbsp green garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp carom seeds ( ajwain )
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds ( til )
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- 1 tbsp sugar ( optional )
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander – cumin powder
- Salt according to taste ( approx 3 tsp )
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ cup sour curd
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- Whole wheat floor for rolling
- Oil for roasting
- Combine the flour, all dry ingredients, oil and curd in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 23-25 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 15 cm diameter, using the flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava and cook each thepla, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot dudhi-methi thepla with curd or pickle of your choice.