Fada Lapsi | Meetha Daliya | Broken Wheat dessert | Daliya Sheera Recipe
Lapsi/Fada ni Lapsi is a popular classic dessert recipe from Gujarati Cuisine. Fada Lapsi is a traditional recipe also popular in Rajasthan and Maharashtra.
This recipe is easy to make and requires few ingredients. It is easy to make and taste amazing. To make lapsi, we have to use Fada/Daliya/Bulgur Wheat along with clarified butter/ghee, jaggery, flavored using cardamom powder and garnished with nuts and raisins.
Lapsi has many names like Fada ni Lapsi, Gud ki Lapsi, Gur ka Halwa, Sweet Daliya, Lapsi Halwa, Lapshi, Broken Wheat Dessert.
At my home, This meetha daliya recipe made during festivals like Holi, Navratri, Diwali/Dhanteras, special occasions like house warming party, pre-wedding ceremonies, naming ceremony, welcoming daughter-in-law, the birth of new-born babies, getting a new job, birthday and celebrations. It is sometimes offered as “Prashad” to god during puja. It is one of the most popular sweet daliya recipes in western India.
Broken Wheat/Daliya used in thus meetha daliya recipe is very healthy because it doesn’t undergo any refining processing. It is highly rich in fiber, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, and iron. Ghee is rich in dietary fiber, which helps to boost immunity. Generally, pregnant women and lactating mothers eat Fada ni Lapsi to gain strength.
Lapsi is one such Indian sweet recipe that is liked by both children and adults. Fada ni Lapsi is very nutritious for infants and toddlers. For a healthy alternative, you can use sugar instead of jaggery.
Here is the video recipe of Fada Lapsi Recipe :
You can have it during any meal or eat it alone as it is quite filling. It stays fresh up to a couple of days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, so when you feel like eating it, add little milk and reheat it in a microwave or on a gas stove.
You may also like some traditional sweets :
- Aate ka Halwa ( Aate ka Sheera or kada prashad)
- Traditional Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe | Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe
- Suji ka halwa ( Suji no shiro )
- Besan Ladoo | Besan ke Ladoo
- For more recipes click here.
Do try this Fada Lapsi recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then share it with your family and friends. Do not forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
Here is the recipe card of the Fada Lapsi Recipe :
- Daliya / Broken wheat - 1 cup
- Jaggery - ½ - ¾ cup
- Ghee - 4-5 tbsp
- Nuts - ¼ cup, chopped
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Water - 2 - 2 ½ cup
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and daliya.
- Roast them on a slow flame for the next 10 -12 min until change the color and release the aroma.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook it for 4 whistles or cook in a pot until done.
- When pressure released, open the cooker.
- Add jaggery according to taste.
- Add nuts.
- Again cook on slow flame until jaggery dissolved and cooked.
- Add cardamom powder, mix well.
- Cook for a min. Turn of the flame.
- Serve hot or warm along with meals.