Fada Lapsi is a traditional dessert from West of India especially from Gujarat and Rajasthan. Fada Lapsi/Lapsi is a dessert which is made during very auspicious occasions, like buying a new house, festival, and celebrations, it’s like a ritual. The fada lapsi taste amazing as combination of broken wheat and cardamom.
Broken wheat (dalia) used in Fada Lapsi recipe is a very rich source of carbohydrates. It is generally given to pregnant women and new mothers to gain strength. It is also nutritious for infants and toddlers.
- ½ cup broken wheat (dalia)
- 1 ½ tbsp ghee
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp cardamom seeds
- ¼ cup chopped nuts and raisins
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add cardamom seeds. Saute for 1 min.
- At the same time heat water in another pot.
- Add the broken wheat and sauté on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns light pink in color.
- Add the raisins and nuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the sugar and 1½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 4 whistles.
- Keep on simmer for 4-5 min. Turn of the flame.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Serve hot fada lapsi garnished with cardamom powder.