Gujarati Methi Pak | Methi Gond Ladoo | Methi Gond Sukhdi | Winter Special Spiced Fenugreek Fudge Recipe
Methi Pak is an Indian Winter Special Sweet. It is a famous Gujarati Vasanu Recipe prepared specially during winters to provide warmth, energy, and nutrition to our body.
In Methi Pak recipe, I use Fenugreek powder, a combination of flours (wheat, urad, gram, moong) as a base, Edible gum, mixed nuts, dry coconut, Ghee, Jaggery for sweetness, Poppy seeds, spices like Batrisu (Katlu Powder), Gokhru Powder, Sonth (Dry Ginger Powder), and Pipramul (Ganthoda Powder). Click here for a homemade sonth powder recipe.
Gujarati Methi Pak It has a bittersweet taste and has a grainy-soft texture.
Methi Pak is very nutritious and healthy. It will help you to increase immunity, keep disease away, increase metabolism, improve inner strength, great for skin-hair, and helpful for joint pains.
It is beneficial for every adult, kid, elder, and especially new moms. Due to bitterness, people generally avoid eating it. But try to adopt this taste.
Important Recipe Notes :
- Alternatively, you can fry gond in ghee and then make a powder of it.
- Soaking or frying is required, or else the gond will stick together, and even it will stick to teeth.
- Never add methi powder into the warm mixture because it will taste too bitter.
- You can add more methi powder and skip the flour.
Serving and Storage:
- Always have methi pak in breakfast, followed by milk to get all its benefits.
- You can make ladoo shapes also.
- Methi pak recipe ladoo stays fresh for up to 3-4 weeks. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature once it cools down.
My Grandma says- Eat one piece of Methi Pak daily in winters and get good health throughout the year!
Here is the video recipe of the Gujarati Methi Pak Recipe :
So do try this healthy traditional Gujarati Methi Pak recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section.
You may also like some more winter special recipes :
- Sonth Gud Ladoo | Sonth Gur Ki Goli
- Sing Chikki ( Peanut Chikki or Peanut Crackers)
- Til Chikki ( Healthy Sesame Crackers )
- For more winter special recipes click here.
If you like this recipe, then share it with your loved ones and rate the recipe card.
Stay Healthy Stay Happy!!
Here is the recipe card of the Methi Pak Recipe :
- Ghee - 2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Jaggery - 2 ¾ cup - approx 500 gm
- Methi powder - ⅓ - ½ cup
- Edible gond - ¾ cup ( Baval / Babool tree gond )
- Wheat flour - ⅓ cup heaped ( coarsely grounded )
- Besan flour / Udad flour / Moong flour - ⅓ cup heaped ( coarsely grounded )
- Dry coconut - 1 ½ cup, grated
- Mix nuts - 1 cup ( Almonds / walnuts / pistachio / cashews )
- Batrisi katlu - ¼ cup, optional
- Gokhru powder - 1 tbsp, optional
- Sonth / Dry ginger powder - ⅓ - ½ cup, as per taste
- Ganthola / Pepramul powder - ¼ cup
- Khaskhas / poppy seeds - 2 tsp
- Make powder of gond.
- In a bowl add ½ cup of melted ghee.
- Add powdered gond.
- Mix well. Cover it and keep it aside at least for 12 hrs to 3 days.
- This step helps to get the maximum benefit of gond.
- As a result of this step, gond will not stick to your teeth as well.
- After 12 hrs, make a powder of nuts and keep it aside.
- In a Kadai, add ½ cup of ghee.
- Add both flours of your choice and roast well on medium flame.
- When flours start to release the aroma and roasted well, add grated dry coconut.
- Saute until mixture releases aroma.
- Add powdered nuts.
- Roast for 2 minutes.
- Add sonth, ganthola, batrisi katlu, and gokhru powder.
- Roast for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- In another big Kadai, add the remaining ghee and jaggery.
- Cook until jaggery starts to become fluffy.
- Add soaked gond and ghee mixture.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Add roasted flour and masala mixture.
- Mix everything very well and turn off the flame.
- Let it cool down.
- When the mixture is luck warm, then only add methi powder.
- Mix well.
- Pour the methi pak mixture into a big plate.
- Level it using spatula and backside of Katori.
- Sprinkle some poppy seeds.
- Cut it into desire size squares.
- Alternatively, you can make ladoos out of it.
- Once completely cooled down and set, remove the pieces and store them in an air-tight container.
Soaking or frying is required or else the gond will stick together and even it will stick to teeth.
Always have methi pak in the breakfast followed by milk to get all its benefits.
Never add methi powder in a warm mixture, it will taste excessively bitter.
You can add more methi powder and skip flours.