In India Milk and milk products are dominant in daily life and Homemade ghee – the Liquid Gold is the King of them. Grandma used to say eat ghee. Ghee is healthy. But nowadays in a technical era, people do not prefer to eat ghee because it’s a Fat.
Ghee is not just fat it’s super fat. If you want to read the benefits of ghee, read the book “Indian superfoods – Rujuta Diwekar”. She has explained very well with reasons. Ghee is a fat burner. It is good for mental development. Ghee is an essential part of the meal for pregnant women to babies. You can eat ghee without any fear. Ghee has many more benefits. You can do massage with the ghee, you can also use as a skin softener. Just rub the ghee on your feet before going to bed, you will sleep like a baby.
But the question is which type of ghee one should eat?? Pure COW Ghee .. !! In this time it is really difficult to get pure ghee from outside. So here I tried to explain to you how to make fresh homemade ghee in video recipe.
Prepare the delicious Indian sweets from this homemade ghee :
- 3 tbsp Curd
- Chilled Water
- Boil the milk. Allow it to cool. When it cools down completely, refrigerate it.
- Skim the cream ( malai ) from the top of the boiled milk every day.
- Store the cream in the vessel and refrigerate it. You can freeze it also. Repeat the step for 7 to 10 days.
- On the day when you want to make fresh butter or ghee, keep out the vessel of cream from the freezer and allow it to reach room temperature.
- The next step is to warm the cream to reach the optimum temperature to add curd ( Dahi ). Do not heat the cream. Just warm it or leave the vessel on hot tawa ( flame should be off ).
- Add 3 – 4 tablespoon of curd. Mix well. Cover the pan. Leave it in a warm dry place for 6 – 8 hours. Allow the cream to set like curd.
- To check whether the cream is set or not, just tilt the vessel if cream leaves the sides, which means the cream is properly set.
- Transfer the cream into a large vessel. Churn the cream with a wooden churner or electric hand blender on very low speed. When white butter starts to separate from cream, add chilled water gradually and churn.
- Churn till the white butter separates from cream completely. Now add more chilled water to set the white butter.
- After sometime separate the butter from the buttermilk. Wash the white butter for 2 – 3 times. Squeeze out all the buttermilk from white butter.
- Here your homemade fresh white butter is ready. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate it for daily use.
- How to make Ghee:
- Take a thick – bottomed iron or copper Kadai. Heat the white butter on high flame till it melts completely.
- On a slow flame cook the butter till butter starts looking clear like ghee and the deposit of the ghee sets on the bottom of Kadai. When the deposit turns into a light brown color, Ghee is ready. Turn off the flame.
- Allow the ghee to cool.
- Strain the ghee and store it in a closed airtight container.
- Tips to check ghee is properly cooked or not :
- Perfect ghee will be granular( dander ) in texture when cooled down completely.
- If ghee is undercooked, it will be waxy. Boil it again and cook it completely.
- If ghee turns into brown color it is overcooked.
You can make kadhi from it.
Enjoy white butter with roti, bhakhri, paratha, thepla, bajara roti, sandwich etc
You can make delicious sweets from homemade ghee.