Instant Coconut Ladoo Recipe | Nariyal Ke Ladoo Recipe | Desiccated Coconut Laddoo Recipe
Coconut Ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet recipe that you can easily make for any festival or occasion.
It is also known as Nariyal Ke Ladoo is made using Desiccated coconut, fresh Khoya, sugar, water flavored with Cardamom powder. I have used a pinch of turmeric powder just for color. It is optional. You can also add similar edible food color. I have garnished it with a coat of Desiccated coconut.
Ladoo in Indian cuisine means a spherical sweet. Coconut ladoo is a classic Indian sweet recipe.
Nariyal Ke Ladoo tastes fresh and creamy, soft, moist, rich, and fudgy in texture, and tastes mildly sweet. It is a vegetarian and gluten-free dessert or Indian sweet recipe. It is a quick recipe that you can make within 10 minutes.
Coconut ladoo is the best recipe for beginners in cooking. No compromise in taste.
- You can use Fresh Coconut too instead of desiccated coconut.
- Some people make Nariyal ke ladoo using Condensed milk instead of Khoya and sugar.
- You can also make burfi instead of making ladoos. Spread an even layer on a greased plate, let it sit for some time, and cut it into the desired shape.
- I have kept this coconut ladoo recipe very simple, but if you like, then you can add any nuts of your choice.
- Flavors like saffron, vanilla, or rose blend very well with it.
- For the vegan version, substitute regular milk with any dairy-free milk option like almond milk.
Indian people prefer to make Coconut ladoos during auspicious occasions like puja, offerings to the deity, or festivals like Diwali, Navratri, Janmashtami, Rakshabandhan, Holi, or Ganesh Chaturthi. You can make it anytime during the whole year.
- You can serve it immediately or chilled as per your preference. Serve it along with some namkeen or savory snacks.
- During Diwali, you can pack these ladoos and gift it to your loved ones.
- Coconut ladoo is a handy recipe that comes to your rescue when you are busy with Diwali preparation and celebration.
- Use this coconut sweet ladoo recipe when unexpected guests show up for dinner.
Coconut Laddoo stays fresh for up to 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. Always store it in an air-tight container.
Here is the video recipe of the Coconut Ladoo Recipe :
You may also like some more Diwali Special snacks recipes :
- Layered Farsi Puri | Verki Puri Recipe
- Roasted Poha Chivda | Maharashtrian Roasted Poha Chivda
- Crispy Masala Puri ( Whole Wheat Flour Method )
- Suvali | Suvari | Meethi Farsi Puri | Kharkhariya recipe
You may also like some more Diwali Special sweets recipes :
- Traditional Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe | Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe
- Besan Ladoo | Besan ke Ladoo
- Lapsi – Festival Special Sweet Dish
Do try this easy and yummy Nariyal ke ladoo recipe or coconut ladoo recipe and let me know how it turned in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then please click on the stars in the recipe card. Share this coconut ladoo recipe with your friends and family. Rate the recipe card. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the Coconut Ladoo Recipe :
- Desiccated coconut - 1 ¼ cup or 100 gm
- Fresh Khoya - ½ cup or 100 gm
- Sugar - ⅓ cup or 80 gm
- Water - ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder - ⅛ tsp
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinches, optional or food color
- Desiccated coconut - ¼ cup, for coating
- In a non-stick pan, add khoya.
- Roast on a slow flame for 2 - 3 min.
- Khoya will start to meltdown at that stage turn off the flame.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add desiccated coconut. Mix well.
- Remove in a plate/bowl.
- Add sugar and water to a pan.
- Cook until sugar melts.
- Continue cooking until the syrup starts to boil.
- Let it boil for one minute.
- Make sugar syrup of one thread consistency.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Add khoya and coconut.
- Mix well. Let it cool down for a while.
- When the mixture is lukewarm, make ladoos out of it and roll them in dry desiccated coconut.
- Same way prepare all ladoos.
- Store in an airtight container for a couple of days and enjoy it.
- For longer shelf life refrigerate it.