Instant Fresh Turmeric Pickle | Atheli Haldar | Haldi Adrak Mirch Ka Achar | Kachi Haldi Ka Achar Recipe
Pickles are an integral part of Indian cuisine. It instantly rocks any boring lunch or dinner. One such Oil-free, No-cook and healthy winter-special pickle recipe is the Haldi Adrak Mirchi Ka Achar, which is also known as Instant Fresh Turmeric pickle or Atheli Haldar in Gujarati. This Atheli Haldar recipe is quite popular in Gujarat.
I make this instant fresh turmeric pickle recipe with Fresh Yellow Haldi, Amba Haldi, Ginger slices, and Green chilies – cut them into juliennes and mixed with Lemon and Salt.
During the Winter season, Fresh Turmeric is readily available in markets. Turmeric is known as Haldi in Hindi and Haldar in Gujarati. It is an essential ingredient in Indian Cuisine. Fresh Turmeric is rich in Curcumin – A bioactive compound that has several medicinal properties benefiting our body.
I am using two types of Fresh Turmeric:
- Yellow Turmeric- It is Fresh Turmeric Root
- White Turmeric- Also known as Amba Haldi or Mango Ginger Root
This instant fresh turmeric pickle is a simple, easy, and Healthy pickle recipe.
Health Benefits of Turmeric:
- Boosts Immunity
- It is Anti-inflammatory, Anti-bacterial, Anti-microbial, Antibiotic, and Antiseptic.
- Helps to treat cold and cough in the flu season
- Reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes, several types of cancer, and Alzheimer
- Cure minor cut, wounds, and burns
- Treats several skin problems
- Aids digestion
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- While peeling the skin of Haldi, you might get yellow stains on your hands. To avoid that, use Hand Gloves.
- Always use a clean and dry spoon every time whenever you take a pickle from the jar to avoid contamination.
- Enjoy this delicious fresh turmeric pickle along with your daily meals.
- It tastes fantastic with Indian curries, sabzi, dal, roti, and paratha.
- Eat about 1 tsp of this Haldi pickle daily for better health.
- It stays fresh for up to 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Always store it in a glass jar.
- Avoid using any metal or plastic container.
Here is the video recipe of the Instant Fresh Turmeric Pickle Recipe :
You may also like some more winter special recipes :
- Easy Amla Pickle Recipe | Athela Amla Recipe
- Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot Halwa Recipe
- Til Chikki ( Healthy Sesame Crackers )
- For more winter special recipes click here.
If you like this healthy Instant Raw Turmeric Pickle recipe, then like, share, and comment. Rate the recipe card.
Here is the recipe card of the Instant Fresh Turmeric Pickle Recipe :
- Fresh turmeric ( yellow and aamba ) - 250 gms
- Green chilies - 2-3, as per taste ( optional )
- Ginger - few slices, optional
- Salt - as per taste
- Lemon juice - 2-3 lemon
- Wash the turmeric properly and remove the mud if any.
- Completely dry them using a kitchen towel.
- Peel them using a kitchen peeler or knife.
- While peeling and chopping wear gloves.
- Thinly slice them into inch-long chips or circles.
- In a bowl add salt and lemon juice along with sliced green chilies and ginger if you are adding.
- Toss well.
- Feel it into a sterilized airtight glass jar.
- Close the lid. Shake well.
- Refrigerate it.
- Enjoy during the winter season.
- After every consumption, do not forget to shake the jar.
- It will stay fresh for 15 - 20 days.