Instant Jalebi Recipe | No-fail Homemade Jalebi Recipe | Crispy Jalebi in 5 min Recipe
Today I am going to share with you all an Instant Homemade crispy Jalebi recipe that is easy and quick to make. So, let’s get started.
Jalebi is one of the most popular desserts in India. It is a spiral-shaped crunchy fried Indian sweet dunked in flavored sugar syrup. It has a crispy outside texture, and it is sweet, juicy, and delicious.
Traditionally, we need to ferment the batter to make Jalebis. But, this is an Instant version without fermentation. We will prepare a batter from maida, besan, salt, baking powder, turmeric powder, curd, and water. The batter is dropped into the hot oil/ghee in a spiral shape and deep-fried until crisp. These little jalebis are allowed to immerse into cardamom, saffron, and lemon juice flavored sugar syrup.
This Instant Jalebi recipe requires No Fermentation and No Yeast.
- Be precise with the measurements of Ingredients.
- The key to perfectly crisp and juicy jalebis is the consistency of the batter. It must be free-flowing like a ribbon yet thick.
- For pouring the batter into ghee, you will require an empty sauce bottle, oil dispenser, milk bag, ziplock bag, or piping bag.
- For the delicious taste always fry them in deshi ghee. To learn how to make ghee at home, please click here.
Jalebi-Fafda is one of the most favorite breakfast traditionally served during Dussehra. It is one of the best sweet-salty food combinations. It is one of the favorite street foods in Gujarat, especially in the Kathiyawad region. It is also popularly sold across the street vendors of Ahmedabad.
Click here for Gujarati Fafda Recipe: Gujarati Fafda Gathiya Recipe | How to make Fafda at home
Click here for Papaya Sambharo Recipe: Papaya Sambharo | Papaya Lachha Salad Recipe
- Just like GulabJamun, Barfi, and Ladoo, Jalebi also has its appearance during festivals, weddings, special celebrations, and events.
- When Jalebi is piping hot/warm, it can be paired with chilled Rabri as a dessert. One of the classic combinations!!
- In Gujarat, People like to eat Jalebi with Fafda (a much-loved food combination), fried green chilies, and Papaya Salad/Sambharo during breakfast.
- These Instant Jalebis stay fresh and crisp for a few hrs or a day and get soggy with time.
- I suggest you make it whenever required and do not plan to make it ahead of time or to store.
- Store leftover Jalebi in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here is the video recipe of Instant Jalebi Recipe :
You may also like other Indian Sweets :
- Besan Ladoo | Besan ke Ladoo
- Traditional Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe | Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe
- Suji ka halwa ( Suji no shiro )
- For more sweets recipes, click here.
This festive season, try this Instant Jalebi recipe to enjoy a heavenly treat. Let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like the recipe, then rate the recipe card and share the Jalebi recipe with your friends and family. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the Recipe Card of the Instant Jalebi Recipe :
- Maida / APF - 1 cup
- Besan - 2 tbsp
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch / Food color
- Salt - a pinch
- Baking powder - ½ tsp heaped
- Water - ½ - ¾ cup
- Ghee for frying
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Saffron - few strands
- Lemon - ½ piece
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, baking powder, salt, besan, and turmeric powder.
- Give a nice mix.
- Add curd and water.
- Make a ribbon consistency batter using a hand whisk.
- For sugar syrup, in a pan add sugar and water.
- Cook on medium flame until the syrup starts to boil.
- Constantly keep checking and make a 1 thread consistency syrup.
- When done, add cardamom powder, saffron, and lemon juice.
- Fill half piping bag or milk bag with batter.
- In a wide pan, fill ghee up to 1” - 2”.
- Cut a small hole, make spiral shape jalebis in medium-hot ghee.
- The same way prepares jalebis according to the size of the pan.
- Flip them and fry from both sides until the bubble disappears.
- Remove them using tang, hold on some height, let excess ghee to flow back into the pan.
- Immediately add them to the sugar syrup.
- Dip them for 1-2 minutes and flip them halfway.
- Remove them to a plate and serve with Fafda, Poha, or any of your favorite snacks.