Lapsi, a tasty Gujarati sweet dish to be made on special festivals and occasions. Lapsi is not only tasty, it is immensely healthy also. Its unique taste and flavor have made lapsi popular around the world.
Lapsi - Festival Special Sweet Dish
Lapsi, a tasty Gujarati sweet dish to be made on special festivals and occasions.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 - 5
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour ( Coarsely grind whole wheat flour )
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp jaggery
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee.
- Mix well.
- Take a deep thick bottom pan.
- Add water
- Add 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp ghee and jaggery.
- Heat for 4-5 min at medium flame.
- Add wheat flour. Don't mix it. Make whole using wooden roller.
- Cover it and cook it for 7-8 min on low flame.
- Mix well with wooden roller. Cover it.
- Keep pan on a flat pan ( tava ) and cook it for 15 min on low flame.
- Serve hot lapsi with ghee and castor sugar.