Lemongrass Ginger Tea is a warm and aromatic flavored herbal beverage that is a perfect drink in the morning to kick start your day.
Lemongrass ginger tea is easy and quick to make with minimum ingredients. You need to boil fresh lemongrass and fresh ginger in a teapot with water. Once it boils, keep the flame to sim until the water color turns light brown. Allow it to cool down for 15 min. Strain and pour little honey(optional) and serve immediately.
You can also use Natural Jaggery (Pure Desi Gud) instead of honey. It tastes equally great. You can try a few variations in this tea like for a little citrus flavor, add a few drops of lemon juice. For some more freshness, add a few chopped mint leaves. If the weather is hot, you can chill this tea in the refrigerator and have it as Iced Lemongrass Ginger Tea.
Why Lemongrass Ginger Tea?
Lemongrass is a long and thick tropical grass plant. As the name suggests, it has a fresh and vibrant aroma with mildly citrus lemony fragrance and a bit sweet taste-wise. Lemongrass essential oil is best for aromatherapy, as it helps in reducing stress. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties. If you like gardening, You can grow this perennial plant Lemongrass in your indoor/garden with the least maintenance required. It is the most common kitchen ingredient in many Asian recipes, especially Thai Cuisine.
Ginger or Ginger root is an ancient flowering plant used both as a spice and medicine. It has a warming earthy flavor with both spicy & sweet notes. Ginger not only adds flavor to food and its powerful antioxidant properties heals body and mind. It prevents bloating, menstrual cramps treat upset stomach, relieves nausea, vomiting, motion sickness, and reduces muscle pain and internal inflammation. Some research shows that it fights several types of cancer and also inhibits the growth of certain viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
Lemongrass, ginger, and honey have medicinal advantages. This tea is sugar-free, dairy-free, and has no caffeine in it. This tea is very refreshing, delightful, and healthy. Therefore, I call it a Detox Tea/Healing Tea
- This tea is full of antioxidants that help in cleansing/detox you from inside, heals flu, common cold, cough, inflammation.
- It is excellent for women as it helps in reducing menstrual cramps.
- It clears up your skin bright and radiant by improving blood circulation.
- Lemongrass ginger tea boosts metabolism and burns fat by promoting healthy weight loss.
- This tea has been used as an ancient remedy for constipation, indigestion, and bloating.
Have a sip of this Lemongrass ginger tea in the morning/evening in a steaming hot cup alone with your favorite book. Also, On the weekend evenings, you can enjoy this tea with your friends and family. What else could anyone wish? Am I Right?
Here is the video recipe of the Lemongrass Ginger Tea :
Please do try this amazingly and super healthy power-packed herbal Lemongrass Ginger Honey tea and let me know how you like to enjoy it in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
You can also try some other beverages :
Here is the recipe card of Lemongrass Ginger Tea :
- Water - 2 cup
- Lemongrass leaves - 2-3
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Jaggery / Honey according to taste ( Optional )
- Wash the ginger and lemongrass properly. Wipe them.
- Chop the lemongrass and keep it aside. Lemongrass stalks can be used.
- Slice the ginger into thin slices along with the skin.
- In a saucepan boil 2 cups of water.
- Let it come to boil.
- When water starts to boil, add chopped lemongrass and ginger slices.
- Openly boil them on a slow flame for 5 min or until the color of the water changed to light brown.
- Turn of the flame.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and let it sit for 15 min.
- After 15 min, Strain the tea.
- Serve immediately the prepared lemongrass ginger tea.
- You can add honey or jaggery according to taste.
- You can also squeeze a lemon according to your shape.