Shrikhand is an indian sweet dish prepared with strained yogurt. Shrikhand is very versatile dish, you can make any number of variations of this sweet dish. Mix Fruit Shrikhand is a healthy variation of shrikhand. In this mix fruit shrikhand I have added apple, pomegranate seeds, grapes, orange pulp, pineapple, cherry and blackberry. This Mixed Fruit Shrikhand keeps the fat in check by using low-fat curds. Apart from bringing in ample nutrients, the fruits also increase the fibre count of this sweet dish.
Shrikhand is main desert served as a part of Gujarati/Maharashtrian meals. It takes very less time to prepare if you have hung curd ready. In Gujarat Shrikhand is served as side dish along with puri.
I am very please to share with you this delicious mix fruit shrikhand recipe.
- 2.5 liter full fat milk
- 2 small apple ( fine chopped )
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup grapes
- 2 medium size banana ( fine chopped )
- 1 orange – pulp ( remove skin and seeds )
- ¼ cup tinned pineapple ( fine chopped )
- 2 tbsp tinned cherry ( fine chopped )
- 4 tbsp strawberry crush
- 1 tbsp dried black burry
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp soaked saffron water
- 1 cup whole sugar
- Cashews and almonds for garnishing
- Boil milk. Allow it to cool. Remove cream from it.
- Make curd from this milk. ( Curd should not be sour in the taste )
- Refrigerate curd for 4 – 5 hours.
- Take a sieve. Cover it with muslin cloth. Pour curd in it.
- Keep it aside for 2 – 3 hours at cool place.
- Hang it for 2 hours at cool place. ( All water should be drained off from curd )
- Meanwhile fine chop all the fruits and dry fruits.
- Add sugar and saffron water in hung curd.
- Add all chopped fresh fruits and dry fruits.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate mix fruit shrikhand for 3 – 4 hours.
- Garnish the prepared mix fruit shrikhand with grapes, pomegranate seeds, or dry fruits and serve chilled.