As we all know Khichadi is not only healthy but ultimate comfort food, however this moong dal khichadi is healthier among all khichadi recipes. Moong dal khichdi is prepared with rice and moong dal with skin. When you do not have time to prepare any elaborate meals, but want something healthy, then this moong dal Khichdi is a great option. I usually prepare it with tur dal or moong dal or masoor dal or a combination of any of the mentioned two dals.
Kadhi is best accompaniment with moong dal khichadi, however if you don’t have time to prepare a kadhi, you can just serve this with raita/curds and papad, and there you have a sumptuous dinner on the table!
Moong dal Khichdi
As we all know Khichadi is not only healthy but ultimate comfort food, however this moong dal khichadi is healthier among all khichadi recipes. Moong dal khichdi is prepared with rice and moong dal with skin.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: main
Serves: 3 - 4
- 1 cup rice / khichadi rice
- ½ cup split green gram with skin ( chilkewali moong dal / fotravali mag ni dal )
- 5 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Salt according to taste ( approx. 1 ½ tsp )
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Wash properly rice and dal.
- Soak them in 5 cup water for 25-30 minute.
- Transfer rice and dal with water in a pot or pressure cooker.
- Add salt, turmeric and ghee. Mix well.
- Pressure cook on high flame till 4 whistles.
- Another way cook it pot till rice and dal get cooked.
- Here your moong dal khichdi is ready.
- Serve hot moond dal khichdi with 1 tsp of ghee and warm kadhi.
Increase or decrease the quantity of water according the consistency of moong dal khichdi you require. You can add up to 6 or 6 ½ cup water for semi liquid consistency.
Your blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.
Contestchef is a global forum for food/ recipe bloggers to showcase their skills to the world. This is a one of a kind concept and backed by food conglomerates around the world. Several recipe creators/bloggers are already contesting on Contestchef.