Moong Dal Soup | Healthy Moong Dal Soup Recipe | Satvik Moong Dal Soup
Moong dal soup is a super healthy dish for all age groups. You can offer this soup from babies to old-aged people. It is also beneficial for people who are recovering from illness. This healthy moong dal soup is the best recipe for a weight-loss diet.
Preparation of moong dal soup is easy and quick. Soak the yellow moong dal/skinned moong dal for at least 30 min. Soaking enriches the protein and makes it easy to digest. In a pressure cooker, add soaked dal, water, vegetables of your choice – bottle gourd, pumpkin, ash gourd, carrots, zucchini, etc. Add salt and pepper powder. Give a mix and pressure cook on slow flame for 10 – 12 min. Just smash it with a potato masher, pour the ghee and jeera tadka and serve hot. This recipe is no onion no garlic moong dal soup recipe.
Mung bean, known as a green gram, is one of the healthy and easy-to-digest pulses. We can consume moong beans in different forms daily. Green gram is a nutrient-rich food and has other health benefits too.
Let’s see the health benefits of moong dal soup :
- Rich in protein, fiber, and antioxidants
- Easy to digest – can offer babies and old aged people too
- Help in weight-loss
- Boost immune system
- Control blood sugar and cholesterol
- Good for eye, skin, and hair
- Improve the digestive system and many more ..
Yes, there are many other ways to include super healthy moong dal or moong beans in our daily menu. You can try the below-mentioned moong dal recipes :
- Moong Dal Dosa | Green Moong Dal Chilla | Pesarattu
- Moong dal palak
- Moong dal vada
- For more moong dal recipes click here
Tips and serving suggestions :
- You can add one or more of your choice of vegetables while boiling – carrot, pumpkin, bottle gourd, beetroot, sweet potato, ash gourd, spinach, zucchini, etc.
- To give a pleasant bite to this healthy dal soup, you can add boiled sweet corn, grated carrot or beetroot, cooked and finely chopped baby corn, or french beans.
- Avoid blending and straining the soup to get its maximum health benefits.
- You can add chopped onion while boiling and minced garlic, chopped chili, or curry leaves in tadka.
- You can add vegetables and spices of your choice into this basic soup recipe and make different flavored moong dal soup.
- Add an extra tsp of ghee while serving.
Things to keep in mind while preparing moong dal soup for babies :
- Please soak the moong dal in advance to make it easily digestible.
- Add one or more vegetables as per the baby’s diet. Add grated vegetables in place of chopped ones.
- If required, pass the entire soup through a soup strainer.
- Avoid salt if possible.
- Add pepper powder in very little quantity or as per the baby’s taste.
- Add a pinch of jaggery, if required.
- Add tsp of ghee while serving.
Here is the video recipe of the Moong Dal Soup Recipe :
You may also like to try more healthy diet recipes :
- Vegan Broccoli Soup | Dairy-free Broccoli Soup
- Vegetable Dalia | Masala Vegetable Dalia Recipe
- Ragi Besan Chilla | Ragi Besan Chilla Recipe
- For more healthy diet recipes click here.
Try this Healthy Moong Dal Soup recipe and let me know how it turned out. Do not forget to share it with friends and family who are always looking for healthy diet recipes. Make sure you follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
Here is the Recipe card of the Moong Dal Soup Recipe :
- Yellow moong dal - ¼ cup
- Water - 2-3 cup
- Pumpkin - ¼ cup, chopped
- Bottle gourd - ¼ cup, chopped
- Salt - as per taste
- Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Turmeric powder - a pinch, optional
- Lemon juice - ½ lemon, as per taste
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Hing - a pinch optional
- Wash the moong dal properly. Soak with 2 cups of water for 30 min or more.
- After 30 min, add soaked dal with water in a pressure cooker.
- Add pumpkin or bottle gourd or both.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add more water if required.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook on slow flame for 10 min.
- Once pressure is released, open the cooker.
- Mash the dal and vegetables with a potato masher.
- Add more water and adjust the consistency.
- If required, bring one boil.
- In a tadka pan, add ghee.
- Add cumin seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add a pinch of hing.
- Pour the tadka on prepared soup.
- Serve hot soup and enjoy!
To give a pleasant bite to this dal soup, you can add boiled sweet corn, grated carrot or beetroot, cooked and finely chopped baby corn, or french beans.
Avoid blending and straining the soup to get its maximum health benefits.
You can add chopped onion while boiling and minced garlic, chopped chili or curry leaves in tadka.
You can add vegetables and spices of your choice into this basic soup recipe and make different flavored healthy dal soup.
Add an extra tsp of ghee while serving.