Namkeen Kaju Mathri | Kaju Nimki | Masala Fried Kaju | Kaju Namakpare | Cresent or Cashew Shaped Crispy Fried Snack
Namkeen Kaju is a type of Mathri or Namakpara, which is a Diwali special savory deep-fried snack.
Namakpara or mathri comes in various sizes and shapes. One of my favorites is cashew or Kaju or Half-moon or crescent-shaped Nimki. It is a Diwali Delight.
I made Masala Kaju Nimki from all-purpose flour, ghee, and water. I seasoned it with Salt, Black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, and sprinkled with chaat masala. I cut the rolled dough portion with the help of a lid or cookie cutter and deep-fry it in oil at a slow flame until golden-pink.
- Other Seasoning Ingredients that you can add are Carom seeds, Cumin seeds, sesame seeds, Dried fenugreek leaves, dried mint leaves, or garlic powder.
- You can make Masala Kaju from whole wheat flour or a combination of half maida and half whole wheat atta.
Always fry on medium-low flame. If you fry on high flame, then it will start to burn from outside and will be uncooked from inside.
- It is the best tea time snack with a hot cup of masala chai during breakfast or evening snack.
- These are kids friendly, and you can also give Masala Kaju in their school tiffin box. Kids will love the combination of Kaju Namakpare with homemade sweet mango pickle or chunda, tomato ketchup, or sweet tamarind chutney, green chili pickle, or coriander mint chutney.
- Kaju Nimki is a filling snack and has a longer shelf life. So, you can take them as a side snack during traveling or picnics.
Why do I prefer to make Masala Kaju Namakpare at home rather than buying from the market?
I always prefer homemade snacks because I choose the high quality of ingredients, no preservatives, no food color, and good quality of the oil. These homemade snacks, therefore, are healthy and hygienic too.
I usually make Cashew Nimki or Masala Kaju NamakPare recipe, especially during Diwali, in bulk, and when it cools down completely, store it in an airtight container at room temperature. It stays fresh for up to 2-3 weeks.
Here is the video recipe of the Namkeen Kaju Recipe :
You may also like some more Diwali Special snacks recipes :
- Layered Farsi Puri | Verki Puri Recipe
- Roasted Poha Chivda | Maharashtrian Roasted Poha Chivda
- Crispy Masala Puri ( Whole Wheat Flour Method )
- Suvali | Suvari | Meethi Farsi Puri | Kharkhariya recipe
You may also like some more Diwali Special sweets recipes :
- Traditional Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe | Gujarati Mohanthal Recipe
- Besan Ladoo | Besan ke Ladoo
- Instant Coconut Ladoo Recipe | Nariyal Ke Ladoo Recipe
- Lapsi – Festival Special Sweet Dish
Please try making this lip-smacking and yummy Kaju Nimki recipe and let me know how it turned out. If you like this Kaju Namakpare recipe, then do not forget to share it with your friends and family. Also, Rate the recipe card. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
- Maida / APF - 2 cup
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Salt - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1 tbsp
- Water - ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl add maida.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, and cumin powder.
- Mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of ghee.
- Rub well between the palms.
- Gradually add water and make a tight dough.
- Knead well for 5 minutes.
- Cover it and keep it aside for 30 min.
- After 30 min, divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- Make a seamless ball from one part and flatten it.
- Roll it in a thick ( 4 mm ) circle.
- Take a small circle-shaped cookie cutter.
- Prepare cashew/half-moon shaped kaju out of it.
- Heat oil in a Kadai for frying.
- When the oil is medium hot, fry them on medium-low flame.
- Flip them at regular intervals.
- Fry on the constant flame.
- Fry until getting a nice pinkish-brown color on the crust.
- Bubbles will almost disappear, remove them onto the plate using a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle chaat masala according to taste.
- The same way prepares and fries all namkeen Kaju.