Getting bored with regular uttapam ?? Would you like to try Instant Oats Suji Uttapam? Then let’s try our Oats Uttapam recipe.
My lil one just like all kinds of uttapam/chillas. When I was traveling to Banglore, my best friend prepared this delicious Oats Onion Uttapam for her. Then it became her favorite dish.
Here I am sharing a simple and easy recipe. Hope you all will love this. You can add finely chopped or grated vegetables of your choice. Garnish with some cheese and serve warm with chutney of your choice.
You can also try our other quick recipes :
Here is a complete recipe card for Oats Onion Uttapam:
- Quaker oats – 1 ½ cup
- Suji / Rawa – ½ cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Water – 1 ¼ - 1 ½ cup
- Onion – 2 chopped ( optional )
- Salt – 1 tsp or more
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Green chili – few chopped ( optional )
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup chopped
- Oil or Ghee
- Dry roast oats on slow flame. Continuously keep stirring and roast uniformly until lightly golden.
- Transfer into a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- In a mixing bowl add roasted oats, suji, and curd. Mix well.
- Add 1 ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Add chopped onion, salt, black pepper powder, chopped chili and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- If required add more ¼ cup water. Make a thick smooth batter.
- Keep it aside for 15 – 30 min.
- After 30 min, mix well. Oats uttapam batter is ready now.
- Heat a dosa tawa / not stick pan.
- Pour ¼ tsp oil and wipe using kitchen napkin.
- When tawa is enough hot, pour the ladleful batter.
- Spread it evenly and prepare a thick uttapam.
- Spread oil or ghee on edges.
- Cover and cook for 1 -2 minutes. Flip over the uttapam.
- Cook for few more minutes.
- Plate it when cooked.
- Serve warm with coconut chutney, fresh curd or Tea.