Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad | Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad Recipe
Hi everyone !! After a break, we are back with one more easy healthy, and tasty salad recipe called Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad. This salad recipe is protein-rich, full of vitamins and minerals, and perfect for your healthy diet days.
In this Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad recipe, I have roasted the broccoli florets with the stem, added the roasted peanuts for a nice crunch and flavor, seasoned it with salt, pepper, and lemon. What I love most about this salad recipe are taste and simplicity. No complicated ingredients and a simple way of cooking make this salad a time saver recipe.
Broccoli is a versatile food. It can be eaten raw or cooked. You can make n number of varieties out of it. If you love broccoli soup, then you must check my Vegan Broccoli soup recipe.
Why we should include broccoli in our menu plans:
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Good source of Vitamin C and Calcium.
- May control blood sugar.
- Improves digestion and reduces constipation.
- Good for overall health.
Peanuts in this recipe not only add taste but it has n number of health benefits. Peanuts are rich in protein, fat, and nutrients. In India, peanuts are called the groundnut. The roasting of peanuts enhances the protein. Alternatively, you can use soaked peanuts too. If you are peanut-allergic, replace peanuts with roasted almonds or pecans.
Previously, I posted many interesting salad recipes like Kiwi Paneer Salad, Chole Salad, Roasted Beetroot Salad, etc. If you want to add more healthy diet recipes to your meal, you must check my healthy diet recipe section.
- In this Pan Roasted Broccoli Peanut Salad, broccoli could be roast in OTG also.
- You can use boiled broccoli instead of roasted ones.
- While roasting the broccoli, you can add minced garlic to enhance flavors.
- You can also add nuts like almonds, walnuts, or cashews and dried fruits like raisins.
- You can add Pomegranate to enhance the taste and color of this salad.
- Thyme or oregano goes well with this salad.
- Serve it immediately with any meal as a side dish to enjoy its freshness. You can also serve it chilled or at room temperature.
- Eat this salad for breakfast, snack, brunch, light lunch, or dinner. Pack for your tiffin/lunch box too.
- Prepare this salad for small parties and celebrations.
Here is the video recipe of the Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad Recipe :
You may also like some more healthy recipes from Zeel’s Kitchen :
- Kiwi and Paneer Salad | Kiwi and Indian Cottage Cheese Salad
- Chole Salad | Kabuli Chana Salad Recipe
- Roasted Beetroot Salad | Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
- Corn Carrot Apple Salad | Corn Carrot Apple Salad Recipe
- for more healthy diet recipes please click here.
Do try this healthy weight-loss salad recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad Recipe :
- Broccoli florets with stem - 3 cups, chopped
- Roasted peanuts - ¼ - ½ cup, as per liking
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Black pepper powder - ⅛ - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Lemon juice - 1 lemon or more as per taste
- Chop the broccoli in bite-size florets along with its stem.
- In an iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add chopped broccoli. Mix well.
- Roast them on medium flame.
- Do not cover the skillet while roasting to prevent a crunch of broccoli.
- Frequently stir well.
- Soon edges of the broccoli will start to turn brown.
- Roast until broccoli turns tender and dark green.
- Sprinkle some salt. MIx well.
- Cook for 1 more minute.
- Do not overcook them.
- Turn off the flame and take them out in a bowl.
- Take roasted peanuts in a bowl.
- If you have raw peanuts then dry roast them nicely.
- Let them cool down completely.
- Smash the roasted peanuts between palms to remove the skin.
- This step is optional.
- Discard the skin particles.
- In a mixing bowl, add roasted peanuts, roasted broccoli.
- Mix well.
- Adjust the salt as per taste.
- Add black pepper powder.
- Add Juice of lemon as per liking.
- Give a nice toss.
- Serve immediately the delicious Pan Roasted Broccoli and Peanut Salad.