Raw Mango Chutney | Gujarati Style Raw Mango Chutney Recipe | Khatti Meethi Kachi Keri ni Chutney
Gujarati Style Raw Mango Chutney aka Khatti Meethi Kachi Keri ni Chutney recipe is a sweet, sour, hot, and no-cook Summer Special chutney recipe. This Raw Mango Chutney required minimal ingredients -must available in every kitchen.
This Gujarati Style Raw Mango Chutney is my Grandmother’s Recipe. During our Summer holidays, we enjoyed this chutney every single day. Traditionally, mangoes were hand-pounded in mortar-pestle with salt, chili powder, coriander powder, and jeera powder. Lastly, jaggery was added into chutney according to the taste to balance the sourness of raw mangoes. Here I used the same ingredients and coarsely ground them into a mixer grinder. So this is a quick, tasty, and versatile chutney recipe.
Lastly, let’s see why Raw Mangoes are healthy and must include in our summer meals :
- Help to keep hydrated.
- Promote the health of the liver, heart, intestine, and dental
- Good for weight loss.
- Rich in Vitamins, minerals, fibers. A, E, etc
- Enhance hormonal system
- Boost energy level
- Cure stomach-related health issues like diarrhea, bloating, constipation, indigestion.
Storage and Serving Suggestions:
- Refrigerate it in an airtight container. It stays fresh for one week if refrigerated.
- This chutney goes well with roti–sabji, dal rice, khichdi, daliya khichdi, bhakhri, tikhi bhakhri, lauki besan chilla, etc.
- Spread this chutney on phulka roti, make a roll, and serve as a quick meal.
- You can enjoy them with Roti Crackers during your tea parties.
I posted other traditional raw mango recipes. Do not forget to check and try those recipes :
Here is the video recipe of the Raw Mango Chutney Recipe :
You may also like to try other chutney recipes :
- Tomato Onion Chutney Recipe | South Indian Red Chutney Recipe
- Meethi Chutney | Dates Tamarind Chutney | Imli Khajur Chutney Recipe
- Coconut Chutney
Do try this Raw Mango Chutney Recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this Raw Mango Chutney Recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
- Raw Mango / Semi ripe mango - 2
- Jaggery - ¼ cup - ½ cup
- Salt - ½ tsp, as per taste
- Red Chili Powder - ½ - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - ½ tsp - 1 tsp, as per liking
- Soak raw mangoes in water for 20-30 min.
- This step will help to reduce the heat effect of mangoes.
- Wipe them using a kitchen towel.
- Roughly chop the mangoes with skin.
- Add all dry spices, salt, and jaggery.
- Grind it on whip/pulse mode for 1-2 seconds. Repeat this 3-4 times or until you get desired consistency.
- Mix well. Refrigerate it in an airtight container. It stays fresh for one week if refrigerated.
- Enjoy this chutney with your breakfast or lunch.
This chutney goes well with roti-sabji, dal rice, khichdi, daliya khichdi, bhakhri, tikhi bhakhri, lauki besan chilla, etc.
Spread this chutney on phulka roti, make a roll, and serve as a quick meal.
You can enjoy them with Roti Crackers during your tea parties.