Raw Mango Salad Recipe | Raw Mango Onion Kachumber | Kachi Keri Kachumber Recipe
One more Summer Special Raw Mango Recipe is for you all – Raw Mango Salad or Raw Mango Onion Kachumber. In Gujarat, we call it Kachi Keri Kachumber.
This Raw Mango Salad is an easy and quick yet healthy salad choice for summer meals. When the sun is shining bright in the sky and to beat the heat, we relish this Kachi Keri Kachumber with our daily lunch.
To make this salad, we need to chop raw mango, onion, and green chili finely. Season it with salt and jeera powder. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves if available. Mix well and enjoy !! You can add red chili powder in place of green chili. Nowadays, we have easy-to-use vegetable choppers. Roughly chop the mango and onion in big chunks. Add everything in a chopper bowl. Run the cutter for a few seconds, and your Raw Mango Onion Kachumber is ready to serve !!
Why raw mango and onion are quite popular during the summer season:
- Protect against the intense heat
- Prevent dehydration
- Improve gut health and digestion
- Boost energy level etc.
- Soaking mango in water for 20- 30 min is advisable.
- If you don’t like too sour taste, use less sour mangoes like Totapuri.
- Always make fresh kachumber and serve immediately.
- Do not store this for later use.
- You can serve it as a salsa with nachos during mid meals.
Here is the video recipe of the Raw Mango Salad Recipe :
You may also like to try more summer special recipes :
- Aam Panna
- Sugar-free Muskmelon Banana Smoothie | Muskmelon Banana Lassi
- Mango Drinks | Summer Special Fresh Mango Drinks
- for more summer special recipes click here.
Do try this Raw Mango Salad recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this Kachi Keri Kachumber Recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the complete recipe card of the Raw Mango Salad recipe :
- Raw Totapuri or any variety of Raw Mango - ½ - 1
- White Onion / Regular Onion - 1
- Green Chili - 1 - 2, as per taste
- or Red Chili Powder - ½ tsp or more
- Black salt - ½ - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder - ½ tsp - 1 tsp, optional
- Finely chop coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Soak the mango in water for 30 min. This step is optional.
- Finely chop/ grate the raw mango, onion, and green chili, or chop in a vegetable chopper.
- Add black salt and jeera powder according to taste.
- Mix well nicely and serve fresh.
If you don't like too sour taste, use less sour mangoes like Totapuri.
Always make fresh kachumber and serve immediately.
Do not store this for later use.
You can serve it as a salsa with nachos during mid meals.