On this occasion of Eid, here I am sharing Eid special traditional recipe. Sheer Khurma – Sheer Khorma, is an authentic vermicelli dessert made by milk, dates, plenty of nuts and sugar.
Each house has its unique way of preparing this authentic Eid special dish. Sheer Khurma is incomplete without dates, can be added in any form. To enhance its taste I have added cardamom powder and saffron to it. While garnishing adds some rose petals.
You can also try our other traditional recipes :
Enjoy Sheer Khurma with your loved ones !! Eid Mubarak!!
- Almonds – 12 – 15 chopped
- Cashews – 12 – 15 chopped
- Pistachio – 12 – 15 chopped
- Raisins – 15 – 20
- Dates or dry dates – 10 – 12 chopped ( you can use powder too )
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Nylon vermicelli – ¼ to ½ cup broken
- Full fat milk – 1 litter
- Sugar – ⅓ cup or more
- Saffron – 8 -10 strands ( optional )
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp ( optional )
- Rose water – 1 tbsp ( optional )
- Chopped all the nuts and dates n keep it aside. Soak saffron in warm milk and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan. Add 2 tbsp ghee.
- Saute nuts and dates for 2-3 min until turn into golden in color.
- Remove nuts in a plate.
- In the same pan add more 1 tbsp ghee.
- Roast broken vermicelli for 2-3 min until starts turning into light golden brown in color.
- If you like thick consistency then adds ½ cup vermicelli or else adds ¼ for thinner consistency.
- Remove vermicelli in a plate.
- In the same pan heat milk until one boil.
- Add roasted vermicelli and cook on slow flame for 7 – 8 minute.
- At this stage add sugar according to taste. Add roasted nuts. Save some for garnishing.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron.Mix well. Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes or until reaches desired consistency.
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness according to your taste.
- Serve warm or chilled sheer khurma on this special occasion of Eid.
You can add 1 tbsp of chironji along with nuts.
You can add condensed milk along with sugar. In this case reduce the quantity of sugar.
You can add rose water instead of cardamom powder and saffron.