Sing Chikki | Peanut Chikki | Groundnut Brittle Recipe
Sing Chikki is a Winter-Special Traditional Indian Sweet Brittle made from Groundnut and Jaggery. These are nutritious and favorite among all ages.
Shing Chikki is a Uttarayan or Makar Sankranti-special sweet staple in Indian homes during winters.
In the Shingdana Chikki recipe, it requires minimal ingredients. The main thing in the recipe is making the perfect jaggery syrup. First dry roast the groundnut, peel the skin and keep aside. Cook Jaggery till syrup consistency reaches the hard-ball crack stage, and the color is dark brown for that perfect crisp. Add peanuts and mix well. Roll it on a greased surface and cut it into the desired shape.
- If the jaggery syrup is less cooked, then chikki will be soft and chewy. It will stick to your teeth.
- If the jaggery syrup is overcooked, then chikki will become hard and might get a burnt taste.
Chikkis are usually prepared from Nuts/Seeds and Jaggery/Sugar syrup. You can use various nuts like Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds, Walnuts, Groundnut, Seeds like White Sesame, Black Sesame, Melon seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Coconut shreds, Roasted Daliya Dal, or Puffed Rice (Murmura).
I prefer to use Jaggery over sugar because Jaggery is unrefined and good for health. It regulates the blood sugar level as per Ayurveda. Use soft Jaggery so it will be easy to mash/grate. I am using Desi Gor. It is organic, pure, and unrefined with no added chemicals.
The Sing Chikki recipe is healthy, rich in protein, iron, and minerals. It is a tasty, delicious, and perfect sweet for Uttarayan. Also, it is vegan and Gluten-free.
I am sure you might have heard about the famous Lonavala Chikki, where local vendors sell different varieties of chikki.
Serving and Storing:
- Peanut Chikki is one of the best winter snacks to munch. Everyone in the family likes to eat peanut chikki.
- Store the sing chikki into an air-tight container at room temperature and enjoy during Uttarayan.
Here is the video recipe of the Sing Chikki Recipe :
You may also like more Uttarayan Special Recipes :
- Til Chikki Recipe| Sesame Jaggery Brittle
- Mamra Ladoo or Mamra Chikki ( Puffed Rice Balls )
- Instant Jalebi Recipe | Crispy Jalebi in 5 min Recipe
- Puri | Locha Puri | Aata Puri Recipe
Do try this Shing Chikki recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then share it with your family and friends and rate the recipe card. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook page to catch my latest recipes and updates.
Here is the recipe card of the Sing Chikki Recipe :
- 1 cup peanut ( roasted, peeled, and broken into half )
- ¾ cup jaggery ( mashed and tightly packed )
- 1 tsp ghee
- Dry roast the peanuts. Peel the skin and break them into the half with the help of your palm.
- Grease the marble and rolling pin with oil.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom based Kadai or pan.
- Add jaggery.
- Cook on medium-high flame for 2 min or till jaggery will become very light and fluffy.
- Cook on a slow flame for 1 - 2 min till jaggery becomes dark brown in color. Continuously stir it.
- Add peanuts. Turn off flame. Quickly mix well.
- Pour this mixture on greased marble.
- Allow it to cool for 40-50 sec only.
- Apply some water to your palm and finger.
- Tap the mixture with a hand to give a round shape.
- Quickly roll it into a thin and even surface.
- Immediately cut sing chikki into the desired shape using a pizza cutter or knife. ( preferred size : 5cm x 5cm )
- Either immediately spread this mixture into a greased plate. Flat-it with a base of a small bowl. Cut sing chikki into the desired shape.
- Store the sing chikki in an airtight container and enjoy during Uttarayan.