Sonth Gud Ladoo / Sonth Gur Ki Goli / Immunity-Boosting Balls / Dry Ginger Turmeric Jaggery Balls
Hey folks, today I am sharing with you an amazing- Immunity boosting balls – Sonth Gud Ladoo recipe made using dry ginger/sonth powder, Turmeric powder, Jaggery, and Ghee/Clarified Butter. This recipe is especially for chilly weather during winters and monsoon to protect ourselves from a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu-like symptoms.
To make these balls, mix all ingredients in equal amounts and make small bite-size balls. No cooking required at all, and it is ready within 5 min! It is a simple home remedy recipe. You can always make it in advance and store it at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
How to eat Sonth Gud Ladoo :
- To get all its benefits to have it 2 times a day :
- Last thing before sleeping
- First thing in the morning
When to eat Sonth Gud ki Goli :
- Everyone including kids above 15 months can eat this ladoo
- Start and End your day with one small bite-size ball.
- During this pandemic (Corona) situation, always have one more ladoo once you return home after roaming for a long time outside.
- Whenever you feel irritation in the throat, you can eat one ladoo. It instantly soothes your sore throat.
Health Benefits of Dry Ginger Jaggery Ladoo :
- It boosts our immunity
- It can help you to get rid of cold, cough, sore throat, congestion, and seasonal allergies.
- It Prevents Inflammation and relieves joint pain caused due to arthritis.
- It lowers down the sinus pain
- It protects the body from flu
- It improves digestion and metabolism
- For new mothers, these ladoos are an amazing Postnatal food
- It helps to heal any infection occurred inside our body
- Use a soft Jaggery, so it will be easy for you to mash/grate.
- You can add a few crushed peppercorns if you like its flavor.
- You can always increase or decrease quantity of ingredients as per your taste preference and liking.
- Click here for a fresh homemade ginger powder / sonth powder recipe.
- I suggest you prefer using homemade cow ghee as it is very healthy, pure, and nutritional else Store bought ghee also works. If your ghee is in solid form, you can melt it in a container on a gas stove.
According to Ayurveda, Turmeric and Ginger are the ingredients which provide warmth to our body and, it is the reason why our grandmother insists on using both ingredients during winter and monsoon season. They have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Do check my below winter season recipes:
Here is the video recipe of Sonth Gud Ladoo :
Please make these Haldi Sonth Gud Ghee Ladoo and let me know how it helped you. If you like this recipe, then share it with your friends and family for their better health and immunity. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
Note- This is a home remedy. Consult your doctor if you are allergic to any ingredient listed above.
Here is the recipe card of the Sonth Gud Ladoo Recipe :
- Dry ginger powder - 4 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1-2 tbsp
- Homemade desi ghee - 4 tbsp
- Desi Jaggery - 4 tbsp, grated
- Measure all the ingredients and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add Jaggery and mix well.
- Add ghee and mix well using fingers.
- Take ½ tsp of ladoo mixture and roll into a small ball.
- Same way, prepare all ladoos.
- Store them at room temperature in an airtight stainless steel container.
- Daily after waking up and before sleeping, have one ladoo.