Spiced Black Tea Recipe | Flavored Black Tea Recipe
An Internationally favorite and most drank beverage during the day is TEA. This Spiced Black Tea is one of the innovations for black tea lovers. This flavored black tea is a spicy, as the name says, and a flavorful drink.
Though tea with milk is more famous in India, many of us are developing a taste for black tea. Preparation of this flavored black tea is easy. Steep the tea leaves and all the mentioned spices for some time, strain it and serve. While serving, add lemon juice, honey/jaggery, chopped mint leaves, as per liking or availability.
Spiced Black Tea isn’t just a tasty hot beverage, but it gives many health benefits. This Flavored Black Tea’s ingredients are – clove, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise. These spices have separate health benefits themselves, and a combination of those makes the drink full of goodness/ more healthful.
Below are the health benefits of Spiced Black Tea :
- Rich in antioxidants
- Improves metabolism and gut health
- Helps in weight-loss
- Good for heart, skin, and hair
- Boost up your energy level
- Black Pepper cures the upset stomach and sore throat
- Green cardamom has antioxidant properties and helps cure colds
- Clove improves liver health
- Cinnamon balances the blood pressure
- Star anise treats cough and flu.
You like to have hot beverages and do not want to include tea leaves in your morning tea, try my lemongrass ginger tea recipe.
- While serving, add lemon juice to boost your immunity or to fight with cold and flu.
- If you prefer to add sweeteners to your hot beverages, then add honey or jaggery as per taste.
- You can add chopped mint leaves to enhance the flavor and make it more colorful.
- You can increase or decrease the number of spices as per liking and availability.
- You can add fresh ginger or homemade dry ginger powder to this tea.
Serving Suggestions :
- We can consume healthy and tasty flavored Black Tea in any season.
- Serve it warm as well as cold.
- We can prepare Spiced Black Tea in advance and serve to guests chilled with a few ice cubes in glass in the summers.
- In the rainy season or winter, we can enjoy a cup of warm Spiced Black Tea.
Here is the video recipe of the Spiced Black Tea Recipe :
You may also like to try more tea recipes from my blog :
- Adrak wali Chai | Indian Ginger Tea Recipe
- Lemongrass Ginger Tea | Lemongrass Ginger Tea Recipe
- Mango Iced Tea
You can also try Healthy drinks other than tea :
- Mango Chia Smoothie | Sugar-free Mango Chia Smoothie
- Oatmeal Banana Shake Recipe
- Sugar-free Muskmelon Banana Smoothie | Muskmelon Banana Lassi
Do try this flavored black tea recipe and let me know in the comment section. If you like my spiced black tea recipe, then share them with your friends and family. Do not forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card for the Spiced Black Tea.
- Water - 2 cup
- Black tea / chai patti - ½ - 1 tsp, as per liking
- Cloves / laung - 4-5
- Black pepper corn / Kala Mari - 4 -5
- Cinnamon stick / Dalchini- 1 inch
- Green cardamoms / Elaichi - 2 pods
- Star anise/ Chakri phool - 1
- Lemon Juice - according to taste, optional
- Honey/ Jaggery - according to taste, optional
- Boil water in a kettle or a saucepan.
- Once the water starts to boil, slow down the flame.
- Add black tea/tea bags and whole spices.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cover the pan and keep it aside for 10 - 15 min.
- Once the tea is steeped, strain it or discard the spices and tea bags.
- Here the basic version of spiced black tea is ready.
- The addition of lemon juice and honey/jaggery according to taste is optional.
- Serve spiced black tea warm or chilled!
If you prefer to add sweeteners to your hot beverages, then add honey or jaggery as per taste.
You can add chopped mint leaves to enhance the flavor and make it more colorful.