Spicy Red Garlic Chutney | Rajasthani Lahsun ki Chutney
Red Garlic Chutney is an Indian spicy condiment popularly used to enhance the flavor of various dishes like Chaats, Sandwiches, Wraps, Vada pav, Dabeli, Thalis, Fritter, etc. It is hot and spicy because it uses a combination of garlic and spicy red chili powder majorly. You can make the red garlic chutney using simple ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen.
Its red hot color comes from Kashmiri red chili powder. I made this red garlic chutney using oil, which acts as a preservative to increase its shelf life. If you do not like spicy food, then reduce the amount of red chili powder.
Garlic is used around the world for its pungent flavor as a seasoning/condiment food and medicinal purpose. It comes in a variety of forms like fresh garlic, garlic powder, garlic granules, garlic oil, etc. Garlic is known as Lasan in Gujarati and Lahsun/Lasun in Hindi. Garlic has numeric health benefits. Some of them are:
- It helps to lower your cholesterol levels and blood pressure, thus keeping your heart healthy by preventing stroke.
- It solves the problems related to the stomach, skin, and hair.
- It has antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It boosts body energy levels and metabolism that burn all the calories, helping you to lose weight.
Red garlic chutney is sometimes also known as Rajasthani Lahsun ki Chatni or Lahsun ki Chutney as it is an essential accompaniment for any Rajasthani dishes (which are well known for their spiciness that arouses the taste buds). The famous Dal Bati Churma is incomplete without it. I add this chutney while preparing curry/sabzi to enhance its flavor. I also use it as a spread on paratha and Naan. This red chutney is versatile and best accompanied with any meal or snack. I also prefer to eat it with momos and fritters.
Here is the video recipe of Red Garlic Chutney :
You can fill Lahsoon ki chutney in an airtight jar and refrigerate it to use daily up to a few weeks. Make sure it does not catch any moisture. Try this yummy garlic chutney with Muthiya, Dhokla, Lauki Thepla, Uttapam, Besan Chilla, Moong Dal Chilla, Dalvada, Bajra Vada, Vada Pav, Dabeli, Potato fritters etc.
If you are looking for more Chutney recipes, then do check:
Do try this mouth-watering Spicy Red Garlic Chutney recipe and let me know how it turned out. If you like this recipe, then please share it with your family and friends. Make sure you follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
Recipe Card of the Red Garlic Chutney :
- ½ cup coarsely ground garlic ( ¾ cup garlic pods )
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Salt according to taste ( 1 – 1 ½ tsp )
- 1 cup of water
- Peel the garlic properly.
- Coarsely crush the garlic. You can use a chili cutter for that. Do not make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom non stick pan.
- Add garlic paste.
- Mix well.
- After 1 - 2 minutes, add both chili powder, cumin powder, and salt.
- Saute well.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook on slow flame.
- Cook till oil separates from garlic, stirring occasionally.
- Cool it down and store it in an airtight container and refrigerate it.