Thandai is a famous dry fruit and saffron flavoured milk that is traditionally prepared as an offering to Lord Shiva during the festival of Mahashivratri. It is often mixed with ‘bhang’ to make an intoxicating drink.
- 1 cup milk ( 225 ml )
- 1 tbsp Thandai powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Boil the milk in a deep pan.
- Add thandai powder and sugar.
- Boil milk till 2-3 boils.
- Allow it to cool completely. Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Strain it ( optional ) with seive.
- Pour equal quantities of the thandai into 4 individual glasses.
- Garnish it with almond/pistachio and saffron flakes and serve chilled.