Vegetable Dalia | Masala Vegetable Dalia Recipe | Masala Broken Wheat Recipe | Diet Dalia Recipe
Vegetable Dalia is prepared with Dalia / broken wheat. Dalia is also known as Cracked wheat / Broken wheat. It is a traditional Indian Super Food/Grain often used in every Indian household. It is also known as Bulgur Wheat, Broken wheat, Ghau na Fada, Burghul, or Couscous. It is made by milling the raw wheat grains coarsely, which is then cleaned, husked, and processed to the required size.
You can prepare Dalia in both sweet and savory dishes. The Sweet Dalia version is best for people with sweet-tooth and kids, while the Savory Dalia is mildly spicy and loaded with vegetables. Its other recipes are Dalia Kheer, Dalia Lapsi, Dalia Pulao, Dalia Upma, Dalia Porridge, and many more.
Today I am going to share the savory version recipe, which is Vegetable Dalia (a savory-porridge). It is a simple, easy, quick, tasty recipe. Also, this is a one-pot vegan dish recipe with a soft consistency and perfect comfort food for my family.
The vegetables I have used in the Masala Vegetable Dalia recipe are Onion, Tomato, Carrot, and Capsicum. You can add vegetables of your choice. Daliya, lentils, and vegetables are cooked in a tempering of Indian spices, onion, chili, and garlic.
For Health freaks and weight watchers, Dalia is a perfect option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Hence, The Vegetable Dalia recipe is the best option for any meal for people who want to lose weight.
It is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol, rich in protein, iron, and dietary fiber, and has a low Glycemic index. It is rich with essential vitamins and minerals. Vegetable Dalia is filling and easy to digest and prevents constipation. So, the best option for babies and toddlers too. It can be given to people recovering from illness.
Always serve it hot/warm with a spoonful of Desi Cow Ghee on top. Pair this tasty and healthy Masala Vegetable Dalia with plain homemade curd(yogurt), Raita, papad, and pickle of your choice.
Here is the video recipe of Vegetable Dalia :
You may also like more healthy recipes from my kitchen:
- Chole Salad | Kabuli Chana Salad Recipe
- Ragi Besan Chilla | Ragi Besan Chilla Recipe
- Suji Appe | Instant Rava Appe Recipe
- for more recipes click here.
If you tried my Masala Vegetable Dalia and liked it, then please leave a star rating on the recipe card. Please do share this recipe with your family and friends, who are in search of tried and tested recipes.
Here is the recipe card of the vegetable Dalia recipe :
- Dalia – Broken wheat – ¾ cup
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Carrot – 1 chopped
- Capsicum – 1 chopped
- Green chili – 1 or 2 chopped
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Garlic cloves – 3-4 chopped
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Dry red chili – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Hing – a pinch
- Red chili powder – ½ -1tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Salt according to taste – 1.5 tsp
- Water – 2 cup for cooking
- Coriander leaves for garnishing ( optional )
- Wash the Dalia and soak it in enough water for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables.
- Heat a pan. Add ghee and oil.
- Add mustard seeds. When they start to crackle add cumin seeds.
- When they splutter add hing. Add dry red chili, bay leaf, green chili, curry leaves, and garlic cloves.
- Saute for a minute. Add onion and pinch of salt.
- Cook till turns light brown.
- Add all vegetables and ¼ tsp of salt.
- Cover & cook till turn soft.
- Add all dry spices and salt. Saute for a minute.
- Add drained dalia. Mix well.
- Saute till turns into light brown.
- Add 2 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Cover & cook on slow flame.
- Stir in between. Cook until water gets absorbed completely.
- You can pressure cook this until 2 whistles.
- Serve hot vegetable dalia with a spoonful of Ghee and curd, papad, pickle of your choice.